John Means 2021

Il BuonO

• 2 weeks later...

Terrific outing by Means tonight.   I think he’s especially tough for teams that don’t see him a lot.   Glad to see Sulser strand his runners and then have the bullpen close it out without incident.   

The O’s had lost Means’ last 8 starts even though he pitched pretty well in 6 of them.  Nice to see them finally win one for him even though the offense went to sleep after the first inning.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Terrific outing by Means tonight.   I think he’s especially tough for teams that don’t see him a lot.   Glad to see Sulser strand his runners and then have the bullpen close it out without incident.   

The O’s had lost Means’ last 8 starts even though he pitched pretty well in 6 of them.  Nice to see them finally win one for him even though the offense went to sleep after the first inning.  

Busy work day, so I’m currently watching the archived game. The great thing about that is after them scoring all the runs that would be scored I can basically ff all the top half of the innings so I can focus on Means’ start. 

It helps after a long day. 

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

I was waiting on the bullpen to turn that game over, so it was a pleasant surprise that they didn’t. 

Also nice to see Means make solid contact on the double he hit over Herrera’s head. 

On 9/10/2021 at 5:29 AM, Chelsea_Phil said:

Geez, i just took 5 minutes to do simple google searches, and came up with several articles that describe Price as a prima Donna and an arsehole.  Why couldn’t you do that simple task, SportsGuy, and not besmirch philip?

Besmirch, is it?

3 hours ago, InsideCoroner said:

I was waiting on the bullpen to turn that game over, so it was a pleasant surprise that they didn’t. 

Also nice to see Means make solid contact on the double he hit over Herrera’s head. 

On a 98-mph pitch!

Means was masterful last night, about as good as he was in the no-hitter, and against a lineup that's been very potent recently. Got to trade him after this season -- no point holding on to any major league-level talent. What this team needs is more top draft choices and a lot more highly regarded minor leaguers, some of whom may eventually make it in the bigs (maybe with a team other than the Orioles).  :rolleyes:

If that doesn't work out, in a few years the Orioles can trade the guys who do succeed for more prospects, while Elias (or his successor, or his successor's successor) tell us we need to be patient. 

On a slightly more serious note, I wonder he should be considered to pinch-hit against RHers for some of our sub-Mendoza line bottom-of-the-lineup RHed guys.

I was at the game last night. Had a great view from behind home plate in the lower level standing area.

Means' changeup is elite. He was making Bryce Harper look real bad.

Awesome game and my first time catching a win in four trips to see the O's this season. Also, shout out to Means for his career .929 OPS as a hitter haha.

• Upvote 2