The second guessing Hyde thread.

Moose Milligan

17 minutes ago, Es4M11 said:

Hated the decision to pinch hit Frazier for Westburg in the bottom of the 4th. An example of over-managing in the playoffs if you ask me. Not saying it cost us the game, but I think it was short sighted. Westburg was the starter, give the guy a chance at a second plate appearance.

I agree completely.  Went to Frazier way too soon there. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The unwavering faith he has in Hicks and Frazier blows my mind.

And to not pinch run Mateo for Hicks in the seventh inning, only to put him in the game defensively in the eighth inning was weird. Aaron hicks is not Willie Mays out there. Give me a break.

Do you disagree with O'Hearn pinch hitting for Urias? Holding Mateo back enabled that move. 

I really liked the bullpen management today actually.

But it hurts to see that CS in the 9th when Mateo was unavailable to pinch run because of a chain of substitutions that began with the premature replacement of Westburg. 

Also I wouldn’t have minded Gunnar stealing with 2 outs but didn’t like it with 0 outs and the batter ahead in the count. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The unwavering faith he has in Hicks and Frazier blows my mind.

And to not pinch run Mateo for Hicks in the seventh inning, only to put him in the game defensively in the eighth inning was weird. Aaron hicks is not Willie Mays out there. Give me a break.

Hicks has hit well whole time he has been here.

Frazier had perhaps biggest hit of year. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Hicks has hit well whole time he has been here.

Frazier had perhaps biggest hit of year. 

Hicks should be replaced by Mateo as a pinch runner in the 7th inning 100% of the time. 

Granted Frazier had some timely hits. But he’s not very good, the stats draw that out pretty clearly.

• Upvote 1