What do you think of Tyler Wells?

wildcard

53 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

While you're probably correct, there's nothing harder on a baseball fan of a contending team than having the bullpen blow a bunch of games.    

Having said that, I'm fine with whichever direction the O's go with him.  

Thank Christ, we're not a contending team then.  ;)

I'm hoping that, through free agent/trade acquisitions and promotions, the number of starters who are either expected to be reliable or deserving of a trial in the rotation will not leave room for T. Wells (the tall one without the accent) in the rotation, and that he'll start the season as the closer.

I'm not confident that will happen, but I hope it will.

32 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Not funny, and of course, we weren't talking about this year.  At some point, it might be nice to not think like a perpetual loser.  

It's pretty funny and it is entirely accurate.

Worrying about not blowing leads when we have- sans Means- the worst starting staff I think I've ever seen, is putting the cart before the horse, to say the least.

1 hour ago, Pickles said:

It's pretty funny and it is entirely accurate.

Worrying about not blowing leads when we have- sans Means- the worst starting staff I think I've ever seen, is putting the cart before the horse, to say the least.

How do you not understand that I was talking about the future?  

Just so we're clear:

I don't disagree with you because I have a "loser's mentality."  I don't disagree with you because I can't "understand."

I disagree with you because what you're saying is fundamentally wrong.

Worrying about the bullpen before the rotation is ass backwards.

That's all.  I'm not angry about it.  I'm not trolling you.  I'm not being disrespectful.

Saying that Wells shouldn't get a chance to start next year because contending teams need good bullpens is bad logic.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Just so we're clear:

I don't disagree with you because I have a "loser's mentality."  I don't disagree with you because I can't "understand."

I disagree with you because what you're saying is fundamentally wrong.

Worrying about the bullpen before the rotation is ass backwards.

That's all.  I'm not angry about it.  I'm not trolling you.  I'm not being disrespectful.

Saying that Wells shouldn't get a chance to start next year because contending teams need good bullpens is bad logic.

Fine, let's go 1 out at time to clear this up:

1.  I wasn't talking about you having a loser's mentality.  I was talking about team management.

2.  Skip.

3.  I did not say to put the bullpen before the rotation.  I said I'm fine with whichever way the team goes - as far as starting him or using him in the pen.  

4.  Glad to hear you're not trying to be disrespectful.  That wasn't the impression I got.

5.  I didn't say Wells shouldn't get a chance to start next year.  I said I'd be fine with whatever decision the team makes.

Are we good?

6 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Fine, let's go 1 out at time to clear this up:

1.  I wasn't talking about you having a loser's mentality.  I was talking about team management.

2.  Skip.

3.  I did not say to put the bullpen before the rotation.  I said I'm fine with whichever way the team goes - as far as starting him or using him in the pen.  

4.  Glad to hear you're not trying to be disrespectful.  That wasn't the impression I got.

5.  I didn't say Wells shouldn't get a chance to start next year.  I said I'd be fine with whatever decision the team makes.

Are we good?

We're good, man.

I personally feel strongly that Wells should get a chance to start next year.

• Upvote 1