Sisco DFA’ed

Legend_Of_Joey

3 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

I'm not sure what your issue is but I'm not interested in arguing with you.

I don't have any issues.

But what I said is correct, removing Sisco from the 40 man has nothing to do with the team's ability to promote Adley to Norfolk.  They could just send Sisco to Bowie if they wanted to.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I don't have any issues.

But what I said is correct, removing Sisco from the 40 man has nothing to do with the team's ability to promote Adley to Norfolk.  They could just send Sisco to Bowie if they wanted to.

He probably would have been better than Chris Hudgins...

2 minutes ago, oriole said:

I’m more surprised of the addition of Thomas Eschelman for the start than I am the DFA of Sisco. Moves like this make me reconsider getting myself invested in following baseball. Eschelman has a 6+ ERA and will completely bomb up here and everyone knows it meanwhile there are other options in the organization who worked hard and have gotten positive results and are being passed over all so that the ML team stays as uncompetitive as possible. It’s one thing to rebuild and intentionally tank in theory but when it’s so obvious that losing is the actual goal and moves are made with the explicit intention of losing it’s just bleh...doesn’t feel good as a fan. It’ll be cool when they’re winning again but this is type of crap is bad for baseball.

Maximizing service time is more important than the current ML roster.

It's all about the bottom line.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't have any issues.

Yes but Trezza's tweet says to me that the DFA is not a sign of Rutschman moving anywhere. 

No issue with the move.  Sisco had been given plenty of opportunities.   Maybe he needs a change of scenery, but it wasn't going to happen for him here.

THe call up of Eschelman and continuing to send out M. Harvey every 5 days makes me ill though.

9 minutes ago, oriole said:

I’m more surprised of the addition of Thomas Eschelman for the start than I am the DFA of Sisco. Moves like this make me reconsider getting myself invested in following baseball. Eschelman has a 6+ ERA and will completely bomb up here and everyone knows it meanwhile there are other options in the organization who worked hard and have gotten positive results and are being passed over all so that the ML team stays as uncompetitive as possible. It’s one thing to rebuild and intentionally tank in theory but when it’s so obvious that losing is the actual goal and moves are made with the explicit intention of losing it’s just bleh...doesn’t feel good as a fan. It’ll be cool when they’re winning again but this is type of crap is bad for baseball.

I agree with your assessment of intentional losing.  I have tried to convince myself that the team would not sink to the level of intentionally losing, but this convinces me that they have.  And it is by the way contrary to the rules of baseball and the rules of life, if there is a shred of self pride left, which I guess this proves there is not, not even a shred.  Wake me when it is over.  

I am not so much disappointed in Sisco going but in who is staying. How does Severino still have a MLB job right now? Cut him; the money is a sunk cost anyway. Give Wynns the starts or whoever is the best defensive catcher for now. Bringing up Eshelman to start is also just a punch in the gut. The O's fans need something now, this season. By the time 2023 comes around, if this is the MLB product you keep putting out there, you will have lost alot of the fan base.  

• Upvote 1