Wednesday: Orioles end 20-game-in-20-day stretch, and the month of June, and reach season midpoint in Houston

SteveA

OK, in keeping with my standard procedure, I would not bring Harvey out to start the next inning. We have a day off, so pull him. Or at least have someone ready at the first sign of trouble. 61 pitches isn’t that much for a starter, but Harvey has been terrible this season, so every good inning is a lucky inning.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Ok, I think we all would have been happy with 2 runs through 4 out of Harvey at this point.

Very happy with that vs. the Astros from any of our starters. But 0 runs in 3 innings is even better and, my guess, more repeatable.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

OK, in keeping with my standard procedure, I would not bring Harvey out to start the next inning. We have a day off, so pull him. Or at least have someone ready at the first sign of trouble. 61 pitches isn’t that much for a starter, but Harvey has been terrible this season, so every good inning is a lucky inning.

Who would you pitch next inning?  What would your plan be to cover 5 more innings?  

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Who would you pitch next inning?  What would your plan be to cover 5 more innings?  

Who cares? If you’re leave a guy in after he is done that’s a commentary on your bullpen usage. You need to prepare for the things you know will probably happen, even as you hope they don’t. 
Hyde knows/knew he’d need somebody. We got fresh Mattson, Wells, Watkins, and Harvey, Scott or Fry probably available.