Mancini is my hero!

NelsonCruuuuuz

1 minute ago, Tbone83 said:

So proud of Trey, he did himself and the Orioles proud.

Alonso is indeed a beast, too bad he has a bit too much of that 2014 Royals personality. 

Yes. I was wondering what it was that bothered me outside of the head bobbing. 

But not gonna let it dampen the show Trey put on. Seeing Trey outside of the usual game context, he looks much thinner in the face on TV tonight. The man has been through a ton and still was able to challenge him to the last round. 

4 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Yes. I was wondering what it was that bothered me outside of the head bobbing. 

But not gonna let it dampen the show Trey put on. Seeing Trey outside of the usual game context, he looks much thinner in the face on TV tonight. The man has been through a ton and still was able to challenge him to the last round. 

Alonso reminds me of this old SNL sketch from the 90's featuring Will Ferrell with his head bob.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

MLB is the very worst ambassador to it's own sport. They don't know how to promote their players and the game in the slightest. The last memorable ad campaign they had was from the 90's with "chicks dig the long ball". 

That brings to mind the joke about this guy takes his girlfriend to the baseball game, and he kisses her on the strikes and she kisses him on the balls…

• Haha 2

Trey showed soooo much class while being an inspiration to so many people - I’m just so proud of him - I was rooting and screaming for him - great guy, classy and showed out - surprised ESPN didn’t run with his story longer, seemed like we’re caught off guard by his performance and being there at the end. And kudos to Ced - great teammate enjoying the ride - he too is representing - love these guys 

• Upvote 1

Trey did a great job.  He made Alonso work for it. 

I’m not a big fan of Alonso’s preening, but I’m an old school kind of guy.   Alonso certainly earned the trophy with a great performance.   

Overall, I don’t really like the format, with the batters swinging at a pitch before the previous ball has even landed.   Too much going on to really appreciate the longer homers.    And I didn’t think the announcers were very good.   

Most underrated skill in the HR derby: throwing pitches in the right spot for the batters to crush them.   That ain’t so easy.   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Most underrated skill in the HR derby: throwing pitches in the right spot for the batters to crush them.   That ain’t so easy.   

LOL.  You got that right.  I remember when each of my sons were playing "coaches pitch" when they were 8 or 9 years old, and pitching to the kids was tough to do!  Tiny strike zones and you had to take just the right amount off the pitch.  A lot of pressure on the coach!  LOL.