Colton Cowser 2021

Tony-OH

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Still not a high enough OPS for Frobby to want him up in Delmarva though! :)

If Rutschman hits .692 in his first 14 PA at Norfolk I will reconsider my position as to whether he’s ready for the majors.   ?

As to Cowser, I initially guessed he’d be in the FCL for two weeks.   He’s obviously ready to be moved up but I’m not going to lose sleep over whether he’s promoted tomorrow or after this weekend.   

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

If Rutschman hits .692 in his first 14 PA at Norfolk I will reconsider my position as to whether he’s ready for the majors.   ?

As to Cowser, I initially guessed he’d be in the FCL for two weeks.   He’s obviously ready to be moved up but I’m not going to lose sleep over whether he’s promoted tomorrow or after this weekend.   

He’s obviously ready but you are fine with keeping him down?  I just don’t get that mindset but whatever, no biggie.

Cowser should be in Aberdeen to start next year and should be in Bowie rather quickly.  

26 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He’s obviously ready but you are fine with keeping him down?  I just don’t get that mindset but whatever, no biggie.

Cowser should be in Aberdeen to start next year and should be in Bowie rather quickly.  

I don’t think 5-6 days matters much in the scheme of things.   And there may be things they do in Sarasota to indoctrinate their players into their system before they send them out.   It’s not just a matter of “is he hitting well.”   

Now if it goes on longer than this week I’ll be surprised.    

I certainly agree that Cowser should start next year no lower than Aberdeen.   Maybe even Bowie depending how he looks in the spring.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Frobby said:

2 for 3 with two walks today, including a go-ahead RBI single in the top of the 9th.  Oh yeah, he also threw a runner out at 2B.

2 for 3 would actually drop his average, as he was at .692 coming in to today. 

He’s clearly not being challenged at all. Maybe he can go to Delmarva now. 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Elias just didn't want Adley hanging around with a bunch of losers.

47 minutes ago, Pickles said:

That will preclude calling him up to the Majors for a while.

Norfolk’s not really a great destination either!

On 8/9/2021 at 4:34 PM, Sports Guy said:

I know you're aware of this, but I still think it's worth pointing out.

Moves are not made with the only consideration being "is player x ready to hit for team y?" There's something called logistics. That means flights, hotels/rentals, other roster moves with corresponding flights/hotels/rentals, medical appointments, family considerations, perhaps workout routines and things I haven't thought of.

What I'm saying isn't a disagreement with your overall stance of being more aggressive, I'm just pushing back on the sniping about a few days here and there. There's unavoidable reasons for "the mindset" that are not at all baseball related.

• Upvote 1