Paul Fry

coe76

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

That’s why I never understood why the Tigers didn’t step up and get Andrew Miller in 2014. The Tigers aren’t like the Red Sox or Yankees, where they can be confident a return to the playoffs is inevitable. 

Hopefully if the O’s are playoff contenders again, they don’t let a mediocre bullpen doom their chances. 

If they have a mediocre bullpen, the Orioles are not likely to be playoff contenders in the AL East.  It could happen, but it's not likely.

43 minutes ago, Matt Bennett said:

10.06 ERA since June 19th. That ERA is looking pretty ugly now isn't it. 

When was the first day of the MLB crackdown on foreign substances? 

Looking at the numbers by month Fry posted a 2.79 ERA in July over 10 appearances. In August, Fry's ERA is 40.50!! in 4 appearances.

I don't know if it's the foreign substances ban, but something if off with Fry and if he's pitching hurt it's time to tell the team. 

If I'm Hyde, I would just reverse who I bring in first.. lol. Try Tate then Fry, see what happens. Not much else you can do. 

I've never seen a reliever revert so rapidly like Fry. And Tate is a mystery. He can look like a closer out there for a week or so and then he'll just miss 0 bats for awhile. 

So is Fry is completely off the rails. His ERA in August before tonight's game was 22.09. Fry's ERA in July was decent at 2.79, so I don't think it's an effect (not entirely ruling it out) of the sticky substances ban. Any possibility he's pitching hurt?

It's rare to see a relief pitcher blow up in spectacular fashion like Fry is doing right now. I really hope there wasn't a trade offer on the table, that was halfway decent and got turned down by Elias.