Will the O's win one before they lose the next 7 straight?

interloper

7 more consecutive losses to break the record: will the O's win before then?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. 7 more consecutive losses to break the record: will the O's win before then?

• interloper changed the title to Will the O's win one before they lose the next 7 straight?
3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

They will win tonight.   (Bold prediction; I don’t even know who they’re playing or who’s pitching.)

I like it.

It's Fried vs. Akin.

?

Fried and Akin have the same number of losses. However Fried does have 10 more wins than Akin, by which I mean he has 10 and Akin has 0. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, interloper said:

I like it.

It's Fried vs. Akin.

?

Fried and Akin have the same number of losses. However Fried does have 10 more wins than Akin, by which I mean he has 10 and Akin has 0. 

So they're pretty evenly matched, right? Akin's just had some bad luck to go with his 8.13 ERA. 

4 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

So they're pretty evenly matched, right? Akin's just had some bad luck to go with his 8.13 ERA. 

Well, his xERA is 5.59 and FIP is 4.78 so I guess you could say he’s had some bad luck.  But he certainly hasn’t been good. 

2 minutes ago, O-The-Memories said:

I meant to say a fifteen and a 20. I thought we hit 15 before this year, no? If we lose 9 in a row we'd be over 20 on this one. I edited my original post. 

I thought the longest losing streak was 14 games in May. Orioles were 17-23 on May 16th and the next time they won game their record was 17-37. 

8 minutes ago, O-The-Memories said:

I think we win two of the next six. We aren't going to have a 20 game losing streak and a 15 game losing streak in a season, the odds of that have got to be a million to one. 

No. I've had college Stats classes. The odds are still 50-50. Vegas or Fangraphs might alter it to 60-40...

But it's still a coin-toss. So 20, 23, 26, 27 is still VERY possible.