10 years ago today

eddie83

1 hour ago, spleen1015 said:

I miss Gary Thorne.

Feels like 20 years ago, so many things have happened since. Strange to see Chris Davis drive the ball to start the two-out rally and then lead the celebration on Reimold's double. Make it 30.

It's true that Thorne/Palmer on MASN would have made this season (and last) a little more fun. Another instance of how little this team's decision-makers (whoever they are) care about its remaining fans when the opportunity to save a few bucks presents itself. For those of you who believe this sort of economizing will somehow enable the Orioles to loosen the purse strings a few years down the road, I wish I had a baseball team to sell you. 

I had DVR’d the game so I could watch after attending Rosh Hashanah services. Was watching the whole thing when I got back, without knowing the outcome, but my recording time ended just after Reimold’s line drive left the bat.   I’d built in some extra time on the recording in case of a long rain delay, but apparently five minutes too little.  Incredibly frustrating!   But I was able to watch the ending a hundred times on the internet.   

I had forgotten that Tampa was down 7-0 in the 8th. I remembered extra innings but my brain somehow purged how incredible that comeback was.  I remember feeling like the Os won to put themselves in the playoffs, it was that satisfying for me. That game and the wild card win are the two best Os games for me. Kind of sad for being a fan all my life.  I was too young to remember the 83 WS.