Who is the Orioles 2021 #4 prospect?

Tony-OH

Who is the Orioles 2021 #4 prospect?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Orioles 2021 #4 prospect?

• Colton Cowser - OF
    • D.L. Hall - LHP
    • Gunnar Henderson - SS
    • Heston Kjerstad - OF
    • Kyle Stowers - RF

This poll is closed to new votes

I think Kjerstad showing up here as an option is way too early.  I don't know how anybody could put him anywhere in the Top 30 without seeing him play pro ball.  I know he had a strong skill set in college and the O's staff was obviously high on his ability and potential to draft him where they did, but he has not been able to show he belongs.  I really hope he gets 100% healthy and has a long, productive career (and life, in general), but how can he be ranked against his constituents here if he hasn't played at any level out of college?  My hope is he ends up in the Top 5 after this year and shows why he was drafted where he was.

1 hour ago, Yossarian said:

I think Kjerstad showing up here as an option is way too early.  I don't know how anybody could put him anywhere in the Top 30 without seeing him play pro ball.  I know he had a strong skill set in college and the O's staff was obviously high on his ability and potential to draft him where they did, but he has not been able to show he belongs.  I really hope he gets 100% healthy and has a long, productive career (and life, in general), but how can he be ranked against his constituents here if he hasn't played at any level out of college?  My hope is he ends up in the Top 5 after this year and shows why he was drafted where he was.

Going by Tony’s criterion, I’d certainly take my chances on Kjerstad vs. most players in our top 30 due to upside.   Not at this tier though.   

It has to be Cowser here. Tony downplayed Gunnar enough in the Mayo thread for me to think he isn't the choice here. I know Tony is high on Stowers, but I doubt he's this high. Tony also had Hall lower than the consensus last year and after another injury shortened year and new talent in the system I can't imagine Hall is higher than last year

14 hours ago, Yossarian said:

Couldn't you say the same about any draftee? I'm not sure I would trade any of our Top 10 guys right now but there are definitely guys in the Top 30 that I would trade for a chance at a guy with Kjerstad's pedigree and upside. MLB Pipeline still has him at #7.