Who is the Orioles 2021 #5 prospect?

Tony-OH

Who is the Orioles 2021 #5 prospect?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Orioles 2021 #5 prospect?

• Mike Baumann
    • DL Hall - LHP
    • Gunner Henderson - SS/3B
    • Heston Kjerstad - OF
    • Jordan Westburg - SS/3B

This poll is closed to new votes

I think we can pretty safely rule out Baumann and Kjerstad here

Honestly, I could see the case for Hall, Henderson or Westburg. Tony has had Henderson ahead of Westburg pretty much all year, so I'm going to eliminate Westburg. Game then becomes which hurts the guy more in Tony's eyes? Hall being injured for most of the year or Westburg's poor defense. If I could have only one of these guys in the system, I'd pick Hall because the upside is tantalizing and we really need starting pitching. I'm going to guess Tony feels the same, but I still have a strong hunch it's Henderson.

Going with "Disabled List" Hall here.

I really have no idea where Kjerstad should be ranked.  I’m guessing that the next 2 are Hall and Westburg.

At that point, you have Stowers, Norby and Kjerstad, along with guys like Pinto, Baumann and Bradish.  (Not to mention, a guy like Basillo)

I would guess Kjerstad gets into the top 10.

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m going to stick with the idea that Hall was ranked lower than 5th last year and after being hurt, he didn’t play enough to jump up the list.

I think Hall will be 6th.  Im going Gunner here.

Quite frankly, a healthy Hall has a case to be #2 but we need to see it first.

Agree with all of this.  I think Tony has Gunner here.

Agree on Hall as well.  I had him above Rodriguez for a long time, but just due to the fact that Rodriguez has been healthy I bumped him above.  A lot of risk with Hall for sure, but the upside there is perennial CY contender if he can harness everything.

Hall was impressive this year and I'm not under the impression that his injury carries long term risk. That and Gunnar's up and down year makes me have Hall here. Westburg just doesn't have age or massive upside on his side.

You could argue that this rebuild could really hinge on Hall's health. If he turns into what he has the potential to turn into, it becomes a lot easier to fill out a great pitching staff after Rodriguez, Hall and Means at the top.

1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

Hall was impressive this year and I'm not under the impression that his injury carries long term risk. That and Gunnar's up and down year makes me have Hall here. Westburg just doesn't have age or massive upside on his side.

You could argue that this rebuild could really hinge on Hall's health. If he turns into what he has the potential to turn into, it becomes a lot easier to fill out a great pitching staff after Rodriguez, Hall and Means at the top.

He only pitched 31 innings. How impressive could he be. I’d say this was another lost season for Hall. 

• Upvote 1

I also think it's between Hall and Gunnar.  I went with Hall, because lefties with his kind of stuff are golden, so even if he doesn't stick as a starter, he's a valuable player, and he could very well stick as a starter.  He's a valuable commodity.