O's still in 3 way dance

bigbird

Have a look at the numbers I just posted and then try and consider the possibility that DeRosa's play-anywhere versatility is arguably just as valuable as Roberts' leadoff-ability. It's certainly just as scarce, probably moreso.

Who else around baseball does what DeRosa does in the field while OPSing 800+? I'm sure you could name a few guys, but the list would be short.

At the end of the day I have no doubt that Roberts would bring more in a trade, but as I said awhile up, you'd be overestimating the difference if you think it's large, especially considering they're both one-year propositions. JMHO of course. :thumbsup:

Maybe .... But the Orioles went years without a legitimate leadoff hitter ....After Brady they went through years of Hariston & company failing miserably. Derosa is a younger Mora IMO & while thats valuable the Orioles could have traded Roberts for him in a package of others from the list you mentioned. They decided Freel was the way they wanted to go. I'd imagine that Derosa could play a few games at SS & Freel would never be trusted to do that. Anyway like I said Roberts has to be 1 of the better leadoff men in BB.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds to me like Barry Axelrod should be a GM, at least in his own mind.

Sounds to me like Barry Axelrod needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.

The Cub fan in me loved hearing those quotes of course, but every other part of me was pretty aghast at the level of unprofessionalism being exhibited.

Lambasting a GM in the press for not working a trade your client was hopeful for is really bushleague.

Sounds to me like Barry Axelrod needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.

The Cub fan in me loved hearing those quotes of course, but every other part of me was pretty aghast at the level of unprofessionalism being exhibited.

Lambasting a GM in the press for not working a trade your client was hopeful for is really bushleague.

Exactly... I couldn't believe when he said that they were "asking for too much."

Gee, sorry we didn't run it past you first, Barry. :rolleyes:

Archived