Buck's 2022-2023 New York Mets

Just Regular

On 12/23/2022 at 11:50 AM, Just Regular said:

The Passan deep dive on the Correa unfolding.    He has a tidbit that as Steve Cohen was deliberating from Hawaii - his wife urged him to do it as her dad, a longtime fan, advocated for it.     One way to keep things with in-laws harmonious during the holidays!

But a Correa-Mets union was too appealing for Cohen to play hardball -- especially after his wife, Alex, a die-hard Mets fan whose father, Ralph Garcia, regularly attended games at Citi Field even through the leanest years, advocated for him to sign Correa.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/35298710/mlb-free-agency-carlos-correa-leaving-giants-mets

Hope they are still enjoying their holidays as the deal is now in jeopardy.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Completely shocking that a guy who has spent half his career on the DL is having an issue with a physical. 

I did find it odd that the Mets went so public and so hard before reviewing the medicals.  I figured Boras sent that stuff over before they announced things.

Just go send your medical team to meet him somewhere outside the city and get him cleared before announcing anything guys.  It's not that hard.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Tagged Spencer Strider for 8 runs with Verlander going tonight, and still managed to lose 13-10, 6th straight loss to drop behind Phillies into 4th place.

Maybe some nervous days ahead for the Showalters.

While the Mets lost six straight, the Marlins won six straight.  On morning of 6/9 Marlins & Pirates are in the wild card, Mets would be going home.   Mets 2023 salary commitments are more than twice the Marlins and Pirates squads combined!

• 3 weeks later...

They got a lead on Alex Cobb tonight, and Buck even went to David Robertson in the 8th inning to try and protect it, but the Giants got the closer for a 3-run homer and its another Mets loss.

@Can_of_cornhad the good read on any payroll dollar subtractions being near double savings for ownership if they can't pull it back from the brink.

Carrasco, Robertson and Tommy Pham are the walk year guys if they try to cut their losses.

No one could have predicted this.

In a way, kinda sad to see it.  I like Verlander, I like Scherzer.  And Buck.  And Pete Alonso is fun.  Despite them being the Mets, there's a few guys on that team that I like.  

But, whatever.  They spent a metric ****ton of money and that's always obnoxious.  

11 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

No one could have predicted this.

In a way, kinda sad to see it.  I like Verlander, I like Scherzer.  And Buck.  And Pete Alonso is fun.  Despite them being the Mets, there's a few guys on that team that I like.  

But, whatever.  They spent a metric ****ton of money and that's always obnoxious.  

That's 2204.6 lbs to us normal folks.

They won 6 in a row before Blake Snell buzzsawed them last night, balancing NYM and SDP at both 42-47 entering this afternoon's Scherzer-Musgrove last game before the break.

Wouldn't be surprised to see those two Clubs use the break to get those TOR guys up there in consecutive team games.

Schedules to deadline:

NYM - vs. LAD, vs. CHW, at BOS, at NYY, vs. WAS, at KC

SDP - at PHI, at TOR, at DET, vs. PIT, vs. TEX, at COL

LAA - vs. HOU, vs. NYY, vs. PIT, at DET, at TOR, at ATL

All three Clubs out on the road when Trade Deadline happens during Series 6 after the break.    Mets visit OPACY the Aug. 4-6 weekend.

To the extent all GM's are hedge fund managers, there are asset classes of players you generally don't retain on Clubs with low/zero playoff odds.