What’s your 2022 OPS Projection for Kelvin Gutierrez?

Frobby

What’s your 2022 OPS Projection for Kelvin Gutierrez?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your 2022 OPS projection for Kelvin Gutierrez?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/28/22 at 22:33

14 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Disagree. He’s superior defense over Urias at 3b. 

Curious fact: This year at Norfolk, Gutierrez has started at first base almost as many games (six) as at third base (seven). Previously in the minors, it was 14 vs. 483.

Urias's entire package (offense, defense, position versatility) trumps him. If you move Urias to second, then you have to drop Odor, who is currently one of the O's most important players, and commit to Mateo at SS. I think both of these are questionable moves.

4 hours ago, LA2 said:

Curious fact: This year at Norfolk, Gutierrez has started at first base almost as many games (six) as at third base (seven). Previously in the minors, it was 14 vs. 483.

Urias's entire package (offense, defense, position versatility) trumps him. If you move Urias to second, then you have to drop Odor, who is currently one of the O's most important players, and commit to Mateo at SS. I think both of these are questionable moves.

Well Odor was dead weight earlier in the season so it was a different calculation. 

14 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

3 for 4 today, now batting .345. I feel like he was hot in ST and they didn’t give him consistent playing time and got cold. 

Geez, didn’t we hear that last year with Valaika? I like Gutierrez (especially the glove) but I’m not sure he can hit righties well enough, and his OPS is never going to justify him playing a corner position. If he played short or second I would be more lenient.