Kjerstad looking good in his first spring training (Update: Out 8-12 weeks Hamstring injury)

Tony-OH

20 hours ago, interloper said:

I would almost be fine just DHing him the entirety of this season. Getting him the ABs and keeping him in the lineup all year feels more important to me than seeing what he can do in RF or LF. 

All of a sudden a June 6th start in the FCL doesn’t seem so bad. I’d DH him. Why rush the hamstring?  Give the guy a mental victory and just let him get out on the field and have some success. He’s earned it. 

24 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

All of a sudden a June 6th start in the FCL doesn’t seem so bad. I’d DH him. Why rush the hamstring?  Give the guy a mental victory and just let him get out on the field and have some success. He’s earned it. 

I suppose it happens but I've never seen a player pull a hamstring on defense. It's always while running the bases.

9 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I suppose it happens but I've never seen a player pull a hamstring on defense. It's always while running the bases.

I agree, but didn't he pull his hamstring playing D on the AR inside the park HR? Maybe this is a World According to Garp situation.

13 minutes ago, SpOkane said:

I agree, but didn't he pull his hamstring playing D on the AR inside the park HR? Maybe this is a World According to Garp situation.

Haha. I guess that was the one time although I didn't see the play.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, EASTERNSHOREFAN said:

Any chance he does enough this year to start next season in Bowie?

Sure.  Of course he's missed 2 months but Haskins, Henderson, and Westburg all started 2021 in Delmarva and started 2022 at Bowie.  He only needs to hit.

5 hours ago, EASTERNSHOREFAN said:

Any chance he does enough this year to start next season in Bowie?

I don't see it.  I'm sure the O's will be cautious with him.  I'll be happy if he stays healthy this year and hits some.  Maybe even starts next year at Delmarva.  This guy basically missed 2 years of development.