Kjerstad looking good in his first spring training (Update: Out 8-12 weeks Hamstring injury)

Tony-OH

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

So I’m Bi, but you’re Poly?   Good to know!  

You are Bi-teamial.    The O's and the Senators .... I mean the Nats.    You can't help it.   Its just something you grew into.   I'm an optimistic O's fan.

12 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Your our Orioles pollyanna. RZNJ is our minor league pollyanna. He still thinks Josh Hart s going to be a star one day. :D

I could have been a pollyanna but I don't find good in everything.  I didn't like the Scott/Sulser trade.

17 minutes ago, wildcard said:

You are Bi-teamial.    The O's and the Senators .... I mean the Nats.    You can't help it.   Its just something you grew into.   I'm an optimistic O's fan.

Well, I’m not a Nats fan. There have been times where I’ve thought it would be a good idea to try, but I’ve never been able to follow through.   Not enough bandwidth.

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, I’m not a Nats fan. There have been times where I’ve thought it would be a good idea to try, but I’ve never been able to follow through.   Not enough bandwidth.

You are faithful to the O's.  But every once in a while you sneak over and see the Nats.   You are kind of a closet Nats fan IMO.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

You are faithful to the O's.  But every once in a while you sneak over and see the Nats.   You are kind of a closet Nats fan IMO.

Put it this way: 

1.  If there’s a Nats Hangout or equivalent, I don’t know where to find it.
2.  I don’t know if I’ve ever watched a Nats game on TV in its entirety, including when they won the World Series.  
3.  I’m not sure I could name ten players on the Nats roster.   

I did have a 5-game share of Nats season tickets for about a decade, to go along with my 8-game share of O’s tickets.  Usually used 2 of the 5 to grab games where the O’s visited DC.  Eventually they jacked up the price 67% one offseason and I jettisoned them.  

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I meant at the start of their career. Hamilton had well over 1000 professional PAs when he was forced to take a sabbatical. And he's quite the story of a comeback, up until he wasn't again.

Well now, you've added a qualifier to your original question.  Now, I have a question for you.  Is Kjerstad less talented than he was 2 years ago?  Does he possess less baseball skill than he did 2 years ago?  What's your reasoning that he shouldn't progress normally once he gets back?  Sorry. That's 3 questions. 

That's two Josh Hart references in one week so it's my duty to remind you that you said Erik Bedard would never be anything more than a reliever.  Fair is fair.

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Put it this way: 

1.  If there’s a Nats Hangout or equivalent, I don’t know where to find it.
2.  I don’t know if I’ve ever watched a Nats game on TV in its entirety, including when they won the World Series.  
3.  I’m not sure I could name ten players on the Nats roster.   

I did have a 5-game share of Nats season tickets for about a decade, to go along with my 8-game share of O’s tickets.  Usually used 2 of the 5 to grab games where the O’s visited DC.  Eventually they jacked up the price 67% one offseason and I jettisoned them.  

1.   That's interesting.  I wonder why there is no such website for the Nats.

2.  That speaks to your attention span.

3.  You are getting older. Memory is not what it used to be.

31 minutes ago, wildcard said:

1.   That's interesting.  I wonder why there is no such website for the Nats.

2.  That speaks to your attention span.

3.  You are getting older. Memory is not what it used to be.

1.   There may be, I just have no interest in finding it.  
2.  My attention span for Orioles games is just fine.  I’ve watched several games from first to last pitch this year.   Certainly not all because I do have other things to do.  I’m sure I watch more innings of Orioles baseball in a week than I do of Nats games in a year.  
3.   I’m pretty sure I could name more than ten players on the Delmarva Shorebirds.

Just now, Frobby said:

2.  My attention span for Orioles games is just fine.  I’ve watched several games from first to last pitch this year.   Certainly not all because I do have other things to do.  I’m sure I watch more innings of Orioles baseball in a week than I do of Nats games in a year.  
3.   I’m pretty sure I could name more than ten players on the Delmarva Shorebirds.

Your experience is akin to mine.

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

1. That's just because you know no other sites would come up to the OH standards.

2.  I have to applaud this.   It take a real O's fan to get through some of these games.

3.  I can't do that.  I have barely been following the Shorebirds because the high draft choices out of last years draft are already at Aberdeen.

11 minutes ago, Pushmonkey said:

This thread went off the rails. 

This is the kind of excitement we get from veteran posters only when all the Franchise Players are so close you can taste them.    Mike Elias pushes Grayson on 4 days rest Thursday and I'm going to start wondering if he's planning to throw Bradish-Hall-Rodriguez at the Yankees next week.

Royce Lewis thanks to a torn ACL has kind of had Kjerstad's life experience of not being able to play baseball two whole years, and some Club thinking he was about the best 18/21 year old in America that year.   Early returns on him look great.   You can probably do it all with VR simulators these days anyway...who needs actual baseball games?

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update from Roch:

* Outfielder Heston Kjerstad continues to take batting practice at extended spring training while working back from a hamstring injury sustained in an intrasquad game in Sarasota prior to spring training.

The Orioles are hoping that Kjerstad can begin playing in games later this month, before his actual professional debut in the minor league system.

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/nevin-producing-with-steadier-playing-time-plus-kjerstad-update

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Latest update from Roch:

* Outfielder Heston Kjerstad continues to take batting practice at extended spring training while working back from a hamstring injury sustained in an intrasquad game in Sarasota prior to spring training.

The Orioles are hoping that Kjerstad can begin playing in games later this month, before his actual professional debut in the minor league system.

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/nevin-producing-with-steadier-playing-time-plus-kjerstad-update

Thx Frobby. Does he start in Delmarva? Any guesses on when?