Kjerstad looking good in his first spring training (Update: Out 8-12 weeks Hamstring injury)

Tony-OH

Just now, glenn__davis said:

Major bummer - the 3 guys I was most interested in following this spring were Rutschman, Kjerstad and DL Hall.  Wouldn't have picked Hall to be the one still standing at this point!

Hope Kjerstad can get well and finally show what he can do.

Has Hall pitched yet?  He's on the 40.

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Has Hall pitched yet?  He's on the 40.

Don't believe so.

There was a really good article on Hall in the Carroll County Times yesterday.  Wish I could find it online but don't know where it come from or who wrote it (I'm sure the Times just re-published it).  The highlights were him saying he chases strikeouts and can throw strikes when he wants to, and that in the minor leagues he's working more on pitches that will help him in the majors than he is on getting guys out.  Sounded mostly like youthful bravado - he certainly doesn't lack for confidence.

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2022 at 3:46 PM, Frobby said:

Except that he’s already a year or more behind schedule, so this hinders his ability to catch up.  Obviously he still could become a good player, but his arrival is delayed.  In the ideal world (pre-myocarditis) he could have debuted in the majors this year.   Now he’ll be fortunate to get to Bowie.   

That's why I said big picture. It delays it for a short time. I can't foresee any scenario based on this injury where his development is affected by anything other than a few weeks. No big deal unless it leads to a more severe injury. But, this is nothing on the developmental scale IMHO. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

I like that update out of Sarasota.  2025 can't get here soon enough. 

Yeah, like I said in another thread, we might not like the slow progress we are seeing from some players getting ready for the season or recovering from injuries, but that was a great read this morning by Roch, I'm glad he got all that info and quotes on the various guys in extended spring training.

• Upvote 1