Mancini, Mullins and Santandar Trade Question

Bahama O's Fan

What is the offer?   What is a fair deal?    I would be looking for a great deal.   It would have to be an special deal to trade Mullins.

Santander and Mancini are coming off down years.  I don't expect their trade value to be high.   They  can build their trade value during the season.   So I don't see them being traded before the season begins.

But everything depends on the offer.

Oh my God another trade thread about the Ms and Santander. 

Trade them and see what happens. I think Mancini and Santander get spare parts. Mullins might bring back value if he looks like the player he was last year. 

Can’t wait for the next thread about trading these guys in a few weeks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, wildcard said:

What is the offer?   What is a fair deal?    I would be looking for a great deal.   It would have to be an special deal to trade Mullins.

Santander and Mancini are coming off down years.  I don't expect their trade value to be high.   They  can build their trade value during the season.   So I don't see them being traded before the season begins.

But everything depends on the offer.

Whatever you consider to be fair value. I'm just wondering if you would trade all three or just one or two of them 

53 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Oh my God another trade thread about the Ms and Santander. 

Trade them and see what happens. I think Mancini and Santander get spare parts. Mullins might bring back value if he looks like the player he was last year. 

Can’t wait for the next thread about trading these guys in a few weeks. 

Oh my God another MM post complaining about what others want to post about.

Start a thread and see what happens - he'll be sure to stop by, add nothing, and complain about how annoyed he is.

Can't wait for the next thread that spurs discussion and interest and then the inevitable MM post complaining about it in a few weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Whatever you consider to be fair value. I'm just wondering if you would trade all three or just one or two of them 

IMO, there are very few "untouchables" in the league, much less the organization, "for the right deal."  Nearly every player can be had at the right price.  

So yes, I would be open to trade all three of them.

I do think that both Mullins and Mancini should be traded, although for different reasons. I'm in the camp to hold Santander in the hopes that his value rebounds slightly.

Ideally, I'd be all in on signing Correa, despite the very low chances of that happening. 

If you can snag a couple top 100 types for Mullins, I think you move him, but it has to be a good haul, as reports have said Elias is looking for. 

Mancini won't return much, but out of respect for him, I'd like to see him traded to a potential NL contender because I don't think he fits our path forward as a RH DH type.

Obviously, Hays is injury plagued, but if you can somehow keep him healthy for 140 games and play him in CF, then you potentially have another valuable piece while you wait for Cowser/(Jones or Green potentially). 

The system is flush with OFs and not all of them will pan out so it's good to have depth, but Mullins' D is overrated and his timing doesn't mesh well with the rest of our future core from an age + salary standpoint, at least in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, OrangeTurtle said:

I do think that both Mullins and Mancini should be traded, although for different reasons. I'm in the camp to hold Santander in the hopes that his value rebounds slightly.

Ideally, I'd be all in on signing Correa, despite the very low chances of that happening. 

If you can snag a couple top 100 types for Mullins, I think you move him, but it has to be a good haul, as reports have said Elias is looking for. 

Mancini won't return much, but out of respect for him, I'd like to see him traded to a potential NL contender because I don't think he fits our path forward as a RH DH type.

Obviously, Hays is injury plagued, but if you can somehow keep him healthy for 140 games and play him in CF, then you potentially have another valuable piece while you wait for Cowser/(Jones or Green potentially). 

The system is flush with OFs and not all of them will pan out so it's good to have depth, but Mullins' D is overrated and his timing doesn't mesh well with the rest of our future core from an age + salary standpoint, at least in my opinion.

Yep

19 minutes ago, OrangeTurtle said:

Mullins' D is not overrated.   His rating is great range/below average arm.   That is a fair rating.

I would trade any/all of them for a "fair deal", but my definition of a fair deal is probably not going to be available before the season. Mullins is the one that could actually pull a sizeable return and I would deal him in a trade for some top talent pitchers. Miami seems to be a good fit, but I need a nice haul in return. A deal like that may and/or may not be available. As for Santander and Mancini, I think the questions are too big for them to net a worthwhile return. If, however, Mancini returns close to his 2019 form or Santander plays close to his 2020 form to start the year, then either or both could go at the deadline for a solid prospect.

You sell high. Given that:

Mullins: Could possibly sell high now, or his value could skyrocket if he does it again. That's a bet on him. I'd consider trading now in a really good deal.

Mancini: Production wise, he's sell low. However, the NL DH does create a market. Do an honest assessment of what you want and only pull the trigger if it returns actual value. I have a hard time believing that it would now, and figure he's more likely to be a guy I'd bet on rebounding and building more value by the trade deadline, so I'm holding him. Oh, and I'm not doing him a solid unless/until it gets to a point where it really is a sunk cost and you want to help him get to a contender.

Santander: Same exact thing as Mancini. The only reason to move either now is if there's an unexpectedly strong offer for either or because you just have to shed salary. 

In the athletic article Tony posted in another thread, they went into team building strategies. One strategy was that teams like the Dodgers who felt a decent probability to make this new 12 team playoff format would be less likely to go crazy in the offseason and more likely to do so at the deadline. Similarly, poorer teams like the Rays would be more likely to go for it at the deadline because of the profit windfall potential from playoff baseball.

Add all of that together with fewer teams selling because you're still in a competitive position and you have a scenario where trade values could really go up at the deadline.

So you hold guys now unless you get great deals. Fin.

Mullins is the only one of the 3 with any real value.  No one will be beating down the doors for Santander.  Don’t even know why he is mentioned.  Mancini has a small bit of value.  He’s more valuable to the Orioles than anyone else.

Edited by drdelaware