Ryan Mountcastle 1B
Austin Hays LF
Rougned Odor 2B
Jorge Mateo SS
DJ Stewart DH
Robinson Chirinos C
Chris Owings 3B

Tyler Wells RHP

Pretty close to a regular season lineup today.   I believe Grayson Rodriguez is slated to get some work, too.   

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

For the Orioles
Cedric Mullins CF
Trey Mancini RF
Ryan Mountcastle 1B
Austin Hays LF
Rougned Odor 2B
Jorge Mateo SS
DJ Stewart DH
Robinson Chirinos C
Chris Owings 3B

Tyler Wells RHP

Pretty close to a regular season lineup today.   I believe Grayson Rodriguez is slated to get some work, too.   

Major league heavy for sure. Looks like Owens is going to get a shot at 3B. Matteo gets start at SS. Interesting that Mancini is in RF and Santander was on the road yesterday.

With Wells starting and Rodriguez due to pitch, this would be an interesting game to watch.

1 minute ago, Pushmonkey said:

Another failed prospect.  Sign. Why can’t we have nice things. 

Lol. The daily challenge is to not be the guy who makes a declaration like this after one inning of a spring training game. I'm sorry to say you have failed the challenge. But you can always try again tomorrow!

Just looking at the box score (mlb.com), it appears as if Rodriguez had full counts on the two guys he walked.  He just couldn't come up with an "out" pitch to punch them out.  Then, it appears the walks affected him and he grooved pitches.  He got a strikeout with the bases loaded, but then gave up back-to-back first pitch doubles to open up the scoring.  Were the batters sitting on first pitch fastballs down the middle from a struggling young pitcher that had already walked two batters in the inning?  He'll get better as he learns to pitch out of trouble.  I'm thinking he was more worried about throwing strikes than locating pitches that look like strikes but get batters to chase.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, interloper said:

Lol. The daily challenge is to not be the guy who makes a declaration like this after one inning of a spring training game. I'm sorry to say you have failed the challenge. But you can always try again tomorrow!

Sorry my sarcasm font was not on. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, interloper said:

Could it be that there was some sarcasm in his post?

• Upvote 1