Adley Rutschman 2022

Just Regular

1 minute ago, joelala said:

Is that what you think would happen, or what should happen?

I think that even the O's can't keep the him down forever.

If Mountcastle was injured in ST and was sent to extended spring training and Norfolk for rehab would he be kept down because he was struggling?

Do you honestly think that if he's scuffling in AAA it would in any way make him undeserving of a promotion?  Guys get hot and the hit rough patches, it's part of the game and doesn't mean much in a small sample size.

It looks like a HS kid in his draft class is going to make the majors before him.  A guy picked the year after him made his team out of ST.  There is nothing he can do in AAA that will make him more deserving of a promotion to the majors.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

If Mountcastle was injured in ST and was sent to extended spring training and Norfolk for rehab would he be kept down because he was struggling?

Do you honestly think that if he's scuffling in AAA it would in any way make him undeserving of a promotion?  Guys get hot and the hit rough patches, it's part of the game and doesn't mean much in a small sample size.

It looks like a HS kid in his draft class is going to make the majors before him.  A guy picked the year after him made his team out of ST.  There is nothing he can do in AAA that will make him more deserving of a promotion to the majors.

I agree with all of that. And it’s why I’m frustrated. Hope it’s indeed the case. 

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don’t think they’ll wait long.  This isn’t a case of a player who hasn’t played AAA yet.  He did very well there last year, so if he struggled a bit out of the gate I don’t think it would mean much.    Now if Rodriguez struggles out of the gate, that’s a different story.    That probably would delay his debut.

So if he starts the year on the ML injured list, would the Orioles still qualify for the additional picks if he comes in top 3 in ROY voting as per new CBA?   They could start him on the ML injured list and send him to Norfolk for 2 weeks on a rehab assignment.

26 minutes ago, connja said:

So if he starts the year on the ML injured list, would the Orioles still qualify for the additional picks if he comes in top 3 in ROY voting as per new CBA?   They could start him on the ML injured list and send him to Norfolk for 2 weeks on a rehab assignment.

The likelihoood of this is low because he's not currently on the 40 man roster. To put him on the ML injured list they'd need to drop someone from the 40 man. I do think the Orioles would have had him on the team out of ST, but given that he hasn't played all spring...the injury timing was very poor 

Per Roch this morning, he has at least progressed to hitting off tee and light throwing. Wonder if they'll get him into games as a DH  later this week 

Edited by seak05

On 4/3/2022 at 11:13 AM, seak05 said:

The likelihoood of this is low because he's not currently on the 40 man roster. To put him on the ML injured list they'd need to drop someone from the 40 man. I do think the Orioles would have had him on the team out of ST, but given that he hasn't played all spring...the injury timing was very poor 

Per Roch this morning, he has at least progressed to hitting off tee and light throwing. Wonder if they'll get him into games as a DH  later this week 

Is this last anyone has heard? It's been a week, shouldn't we know if there's been a setback or if there's a timeline to get him into game action? 

On 4/10/2022 at 8:35 PM, Ripken said:

No one in this shit organization cares about the fans.  Update on our top prospect?  Nah.  Tell us about Stowers?  No.  How's Heston?  Piss off.  At least the on field product sucks something awful.

There was this update from last week, but it's just a generic Rutschman is progressing with no timetable on his return to game action.

I really hope this is yet just another example of the team not communicating with the fans and keeping us in the dark. If there isn't any meaningful update about AR's timetable to return this week, will the media press the Orioles on why they've been silent?

Rutschman is only the top prospect in baseball and just maybe the warehouse would recoginize that the fans care more about AR than just about every other player on the current MLB roster. 

Orioles' Adley Rutschman: Progressing in recovery

Manager Brandon Hyde said Wednesday that Rutschman (triceps) has been making progress in his recovery, Steve Melewski of MASNSports.com reports.

Rutschman has been dealing with a right triceps strain since mid-March, and he's on the 7-day minor-league injured list to begin the regular season. However, he's been taking batting practice recently while going through a throwing progression. Although the 24-year-old's recent activity is certainly encouraging, he doesn't yet have a timetable to return to game action.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

There was this update from last week, but it's just a generic Rutschman is progressing with no timetable on his return to game action.

I really hope this is yet just another example of the team not communicating with the fans and keeping us in the dark. If there isn't any meaningful update about AR's timetable to return this week, will the media press the Orioles on why they've been silent?

Rutschman is only the top prospect in baseball and just maybe the warehouse would recoginize that the fans care more about AR than just about every other player on the current MLB roster. 

Orioles' Adley Rutschman: Progressing in recovery

I'm highly skeptical of the whole thing.  I'm not completely convinced there is not a more serious issue with his throwing arm.  A triceps strain does not sound like something that should keep a guy out longer than a month with no timetable to return games.  Elbow or shoulder, yes. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I'm highly skeptical of the whole thing.  I'm not completely convinced there is not a more serious issue with his throwing arm.  A triceps strain does not sound like something that should keep a guy out longer than a month with no timetable to return games.  Elbow or shoulder, yes. 

I don't blame you for thinking that given the lack of communication from the team since they announced Rutschman's injury. I'm trying to stay positive, but if there are no updates a week from today, then I'm also going to be thinking they are covering up a more serious injury. 

59 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I think it's just hyper-caution from the O's. He's already throwing and taking BP. Word is he should be in games by next week.