New food items at Camden Yards

Going Underground

12 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Season plan holders get 30 percent off food and merchandise, so I wouldn't be surprised if prices are jacked up nearly 30 percent to cover that benefit.

Interesting..it’s at least that much of a markup too, so that makes sons sense.

OToh, it’s always been that high and I don’t believe that benefit always existed.

Its definitely rent related but damn, I just don’t know how the store stays in biz.

43 minutes ago, drdelaware said:

I miss being able to park at Memorial Stadium on Upshire Rd off The Alameda for free and walking a few blocks.

I lived on 39th and Ednor as a kid (the north-east corner of the stadium was 36th and Ednor). We would put out chairs in front of our house if we were going to be coming home during a game. People generally respected the chairs though.

18 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Interesting..it’s at least that much of a markup too, so that makes sons sense.

OToh, it’s always been that high and I don’t believe that benefit always existed.

Its definitely rent related but damn, I just don’t know how the store stays in biz.

Probably tourists.  

20 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Worse than the food prices are the prices at the Os store.  You can buy the stuff online for way less money.  I know they have rent but I have no idea who the hell pays those prices.

Have you ever brought an eight year old to the game?  Even my dad, who had zero problem saying no to annoying kids begging for stuff, bought me a pennant and a baseball bat pen at my first game in '79.  Many times my wife and two boys went for a walk about the sixth inning when they'd get squirmy and came back with random O's merchandise.

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Have you ever brought an eight year old to the game?  Even my dad, who had zero problem saying no to annoying kids begging for stuff, bought me a pennant and a baseball bat pen at my first game in '79.  Many times my wife and two boys went for a walk about the sixth inning when they'd get squirmy and came back with random O's merchandise.

I hear you. I don’t get to go to many MLB games because of location and life, but when we go as a family we will spend a small fortune if I am not riding herd on purchases. 

12 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I take a 5 and 7 year old 

They need to let people in earlier. This is about not only food but concessions. It makes things packed in even more. Even a half of an hour would spread out the lines some. The people who come early can hit the food and concession stands earlier. Instead we get this one hour before games the gates open nonsense.