Colton Cowser 2022

ShoelesJoe

24 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Lawlar tearing it up. So incredibly stupid they didn’t pick Lawlar: https://www.milb.com/player/jordan-lawlar-691783

It could end looking that way 2-3 years from now but I'd say the strength of your conviction is way premature at this point.   

Lawlar looks good and he's been fielding better but 7 errors in 13 games and an .868 FCT ain't going to cut it at SS.   Let's see if he actually does stay at SS and how his bat progresses.   I believe the California League is low A and it's always been considered a hitter's league.   A long way to go.

• Upvote 4

Lol with Chris Davis an expensive memory, and Adley on the field again, this is the new most depressing thread on the website. I come here when I’m feeling too good and need to even myself out. 

In all seriousness, has anyone noticed any mechanical differences in the swing from this year to last? If most of the Ks are swinging I’m fairly confident that’s what we’re seeing. Unless he’s just totally folding under the pressure of the Aberdeen spotlight.

44 minutes ago, interloper said:

Maybe he's trying to be too selective and getting into too many 2 strike counts? I dunno, this is bumming me out.

More Ks in 50 

I was at the game today and something weird is going on. That first at bat was deeply concerning. He worked the count 3-0 and then swung through back to back 93-94 mph fastballs in the zone. Inexplicable. 

Also he looks extremely frustrated so he is most definitely pressing. I just can't imagine he has swung through 3-0 and 3-1 meatballs with his swing and approach. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, waroriole said:

Great so the plan is halfway finished. 

ugh....  I keep thinking Aberdeen is Low A when it is now High A.   

I guess we put him back in Delmarva???   Yikes....

I don't think there's any plans to demote him to Delmarva, nor should there be.  This is probably the first adversity he's faced playing baseball.   Good, let him work through it.  

I'm pretty convinced he's going through a swing adjustment.  Let's continue to see how it plays out.

3 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I don't think there's any plans to demote him to Delmarva, nor should there be.  This is probably the first adversity he's faced playing baseball.   Good, let him work through it.  

I'm pretty convinced he's going through a swing adjustment.  Let's continue to see how it plays out.

I think demoting him would do more to hurt his confidence than his current struggles are.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

Right. Demotion seems silly. He’s not in over his head, he’s just struggling. 

8 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Right. Demotion seems silly. He’s not in over his head, he’s just struggling. 

Exactly.  He still has a .780 OPS so it's not like he is being overmatched or anything.  That being said, I'd sure hope to see some improvements in May so that he can set himself up to see Bowie later this season. 

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think demoting him would do more to hurt his confidence than his current struggles are.

Are you suggesting that there are events that can transpire in the development of a player that might injure their confidence, and either temporarily or permanently effect their performance?

The devil you say.