Colton Cowser 2022

ShoelesJoe

If you believe in Cowsers hit tool and Elias' ability to rate players, there is zero reason to be nervous about him imo.

He's in a bad slump and you always look terrible when you are in bad slumps.  He could do this for another month and I wouldn't be worried.  He will eventually settle in and be fine.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If you believe in Cowsers hit tool and Elias' ability to rate players, there is zero reason to be nervous about him imo.

He's in a bad slump and you always look terrible when you are in bad slumps.  He could do this for another month and I wouldn't be worried.  He will eventually settle in and be fine.

I tend to agree on Cowser but he’s been struggling mightily & we both know Lawlar was the pick. 

5 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

As you like to say, why can't it be both. I have confidence in their ability to evaluate amateur players but I'm also nervous about the amount of swing and miss from Cowser.

29 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

As you like to say, why can't it be both. I have confidence in their ability to evaluate amateur players but I'm also nervous about the amount of swing and miss from Cowser.

Why are you putting so much blind faith in Elias? It’s absurd. Being better doesn’t mean great. He’s got a ton to prove.

7 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Why are you putting so much blind faith in Elias? It’s absurd. Being better doesn’t mean great. He’s got a ton to prove.

I think many of your posts are absurd.  IMO, he and his team have drafted well and hiring Koby Perez was a great way to get our international program up to respectability.   Is he infallible?  No.  I think he has done a good job but the ultimate proof will be results at the ML level.   

If you want to debate something specific, let me know.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I think many of your posts are absurd.  IMO, he and his team have drafted well and hiring Koby Perez was a great way to get our international program up to respectability.   Is he infallible?  No.  I think he has done a good job but the ultimate proof will be results at the ML level.   

If you want to debate something specific, let me know.

Did you like Lawlar?

6 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

My main concern with players like Cowser, and this also applies to Brooks Lee at Cal Poly, is the level of competition he faced in college. He put up very good numbers, but the pitchers he faced weren’t great. I hope he turns it around, but I don’t have the same patience with a 22 year old that I would have with an 18 or 19 year old. I haven’t watched enough Aberdeen baseball to know if he’s struggling with velocity or above average secondaries, but those are the types of things he didn’t see much of in the Southland. Perhaps someone has seen enough to comment.

• Upvote 1