Means DL, Smith outrighted, welcome back Lakins

Legend_Of_Joey

How can you not love a rotation fronted by Lyles, Watkins and Lakins?

We can turn our TVs off until Bradish, Rodriguez and Hall begin to filter up through the system.  This team will be totally unwatchable until then.  And, I've been an optimist until now.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NCRaven said:

We can turn our TVs off until Bradish, Rodriguez and Hall begin to filter up through the system.  This team will be totally unwatchable until then.  And, I've been an optimist until now.

Lakins is a relief pitcher, I don't get this move. And I have hard time buying Means will be back in 10 days. 

Lakins is a reliever and pitched well in the spring. They won’t need Means’ spot in the rotation for a bit, so no need to call up a starter now. 

Looks like means will be out for a while ☹️

Edited by seak05

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Lakins is a relief pitcher, I don't get this move. And I have hard time buying Means will be back in 10 days. 

Who has said Means will be back in 10 days?   I haven't seen any type of statement about the actual severity of the injury.

Starters, relievers, they are all interchangable.   Lakins is on the team now, if he only relieves, then we'll either bring someone else up to start Tuesday or else we'll go with someone currently in the pen (AWells, Baumann, Akin, or a piggyback of 2 guys).

Lakins was probably the freshest arm available.

Lakins is a fresh arm in the pen for a staff that is probably going to get roughed up this series...I don't think it's anything beyond that.  I'd rather that then yank around a guy like Lowther instead of letting him start on regular rest in AAA. 

3 minutes ago, Big Mac said:

Lakins is a fresh arm in the pen for a staff that is probably going to get roughed up this series...I don't think it's anything beyond that.  I'd rather that then yank around a guy like Lowther instead of letting him start on regular rest in AAA. 

"Fresh"

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Who says Lakins is in the rotation? He has not been a starter. We won't need a 5th starter until the 19th so another move could be made or it could be one of Akin/Baumann/Wells while adding Lakins to the pen. 

I am somewhat surprised they took the risk of passing Kevin Smith through waivers. 

Absolutely, it is tough to be patient while Grayson is dominating but did you really expect him or Bradish this early? Injury to Means should not change the plan with either of them. That doesn't mean it's a good plan...

• Like 1

Some of y'all need to stop and think for 2 seconds. Lakins is here to cover the bullpen, they don't need another starter for a good while. But when Means' turn comes up, THEN you might see a guy like Bradish. You wouldn't see that move now because he's of no use to add to the team until his regular turn in the rotation. So you might as well add an extra reliever in the meantime. 

• Upvote 1