Means DL, Smith outrighted, welcome back Lakins

Legend_Of_Joey

4 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

If we have the number 1 minor league system, we can certainly spare a small piece for a stopgap SP.

Or we could spare a small piece of our number one minor league system for our own big league rotation.  I like that idea better.....

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

You don’t want to rush them, but you want to give them away for a stopgap solution? 

What??? You think I am proposing trading Rodriquez or Bradish for a stopgap? Lol. Kevin Smith not on the 40 man, could get claimed in next year’s rule 5…someone not on the 40 that isn’t a highly touted prospect. 

2 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

What??? You think I am proposing trading Rodriquez or Bradish for a stopgap? Lol. Kevin Smith not on the 40 man, could get claimed in next year’s rule 5…someone not on the 40 that isn’t a highly touted prospect. 

Speaking of Kevin Smith: starting in game 2 for Norfolk on milb.tv and Stewart in RF.

Anyone you sign now off of free agency is probably a minimum of a month away from playing in MLB games anyways. And by and large they're unsigned for a reason. Hopefully by that point Bradish and Rodriguez are up, Zimmerman and Wells continue to develop and you have Lyles 

30 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Unless I am mistaken, Kevin Smith has cleared outright waivers to go back to Norfolk which means no one wanted him. 

Who do want to trade exactly and what type of stopgap starter to expect to get back at this point in the year after the season has already started?  And what would the point of that be?  To win 65 games instead of 60?

No, I rather give guys Alex Wells and Zac Lowther a chance in the rotation or Vespi in the bullpen rather than continue trotting out the Spencer Watkins and Travis Lakins of the world. 

On the offensive side, I rather promote some of the infielders in Norfolk and see what we have than continue to watch Gutierrez and Odor flail away. 

A lot of these guys are 25, 26.  They don't need any more seasoning in Triple A.