I’m going to start keeping a list.   So far:

4/8 0 for 7 (1 run scored in the game)

4/9 2 for 8 (3)

4/10 0 for 10 (0)

4/11 1 for 10 (2)

4/12 1 for 13 (4)

4/13 1 for 8 (2)

4/15 1 for 15 (2)

The good news here is they are getting a lot of chances, just over 10 per game excluding walks with RISP.  Last year they averaged just under 8 opportunities per game.   But, they need to cash them in.   

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m going to start keeping a list.   So far:

4/8 0 for 7 (1 run scored in the game)

4/9 2 for 8 (3)

4/10 0 for 10 (0)

4/11 1 for 10 (2)

4/12 1 for 13 (4)

4/13 1 for 8 (2)

4/15 1 for 15 (2)

The good news here is they are getting a lot of chances, just over 10 per game excluding walks with RISP.  Last year they averaged just under 8 opportunities per game.   But, they need to cash them in.   

The offense is pitiful ….several guy are automatic outs. And as I said in the other thread Cederic has let the 30 homers go to his head.

Also note Mateo failed to execute the bunt in the 11th with the gifted man on 2nd. Admittedly tough to bunt off Chapman. Probably should have tried bunting with Mountcastle in the 10th with the way we were hitting. Just glad we found a way to win as that would have been an incredibly frustrating game had we lost.

Just now, Aristotelian said:

Also note Mateo failed to execute the bunt in the 11th with the gifted man on 2nd. Admittedly tough to bunt off Chapman. Probably should have tried bunting with Mountcastle in the 10th with the way we were hitting. Just glad we found a way to win as that would have been an incredibly frustrating game had we lost.

And Mateo was also thrown out trying to stretch his RBI single into a double. It wasn’t even close and he made the first out at second base. 

41 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

It might have made since if it was an OF w/ an average arm instead of Gallo.

Yeah, but he should know who’s out there.   By the way, I wouldn’t say it wasn’t even close.   It was close, but he clearly was out.  Nice throw and nice catch and tag.   

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, but he should know who’s out there.   By the way, I wouldn’t say it wasn’t even close.   It was close, but he clearly was out.  Nice throw and nice catch and tag.   

It was definitely close.

Great throw and probably better tag were the only reason he was out.

However, you can't make an out there.