Gunnar Henderson 2022

Just Regular

6 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

It's not my job to tell Elias how he should have done things differently. This is a false narrative done by people who wants to love their team and everything they do and aren;t listening to what I'm saying. I don't scout guys before they are brought into the system and I'm not one of those people that say you should have drafted player A over player B.

As an analyst, I'm looking at what we have right now in the system and on the 40-man roster. I'm evaluating the current talent and then assessing where we are. 

While Elias has done some good things and brought some good players into the system, the only impact guys guys I see that he and his team brought in is Adley and Gunnar. Sorry, if that hurts your feelings or you just disagree, that's fine as well. 

Some people are trying to twist my Westburg stuff into saying I don't like him when I've said I think he's going to be an everyday MLB player. That's actually high praise because most draft picks will not get there.

I don't think he's an impact guy and that's fine, not every pick is going to be an impact guy (some fans just think they will).

Look, every time I show the least bit of criticism I get the same posters saying the same things over and over. Look, I get it, people on here are fans and while they're not twitteriot fans, they are still fans who want to give the organization the benefit of the doubt.

I'm ok with that and understand it. But that's not going to stop me from giving my fair and honest analysis of guys. 

I don’t have an issue with criticism.  I am just asking you to show me who has done better since Elias has had power.  What team has drafted better?  What team has developed talent better?  Keep it to the years Elias has been at the job.  

Five More

Gunnar Henderson, Orioles (21): Last week’s lead BHP (that’s Big Hype Prospect), I noted Henderson would soon jump from around the 50th prospect to somewhere in the Top 10 as listmakers prepare their midseason updates. Since then, Baseball Prospectus’ Jarrett Seidler indicated Henderson might be the top prospect left in the minors. A highly-placed source at another major industry outlet confirmed Henderson is on a shortlist of about five players for their top prospect. As I understand it, this excludes all prospect-eligible players currently in the Majors like Michael Harris, Oneil Cruz, and C.J. Abrams.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/06/big-hype-prospects-oneil-cruz-cj-abrams-anthony-volpe-zac-veen-joey-wiemer.html

• Thanks 1

While we are on the South Side, Tim Anderson sold some FA years as options very early in his career.   I believe it was after his 2016 rookie year, when at Age 23 he debuted June 10 and put up a 100 OPS+ in 99 games while striking out about 10x more than he walked.    Pedigree was a 1st round high school shortstop.

Tim Anderson ss
6 years/$25M (2017-22), plus 2023, 2024 options

• 6 years/$25M (2017-22), plus 2023, 2024 club options
    • signed extension with Chicago White Sox 3/21/17, replacing one-year contract signed 3/17
    • 17:$850,000, 18:$1M, 19:$1.4M, 20:$4M, 21:$7.25M, 22:$9.5M, 23:$12.5M club option ($1M buyout), 24:$14M club option ($1M buyout)
  • 1 year (2016)
    • contract selected by Chicago White Sox 6/9/16
  • drafted by Chicago White Sox 2013 (1-17) (East Central CC, Miss.)
  • $2.164M signing bonus (slot amount)
  • agent: Reynolds Sports
  • ML service: 5.115