2022 Ongoing Lineup Thread

OsFanSinceThe80s

10 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I think that mostly shows just how bad his wOBA is. The xwOBA is only 53rd percentile. 

Agreed, but it’s the difference between being average and terrible.   We all understand that a 1B who is an “average” hitter (without reference to position) is not an asset.   But at least that kind of performance is not a Chris Davis-level liability.   

We certainly saw Mountcastle go from ice cold to red hot a few times last year.  Hopefully the hot phase will come soon.   

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Agreed, but it’s the difference between being average and terrible.   We all understand that a 1B who is an “average” hitter (without reference to position) is not an asset.   But at least that kind of performance is not a Chris Davis-level liability.   

We certainly saw Mountcastle go from ice cold to red hot a few times last year.  Hopefully the hot phase will come soon.   

I’m sure he’ll heat up but he’s dug himself a big hole again. It’s primarily because he swings at everything. His chase rate and BB rate are embarrassingly poor. I guess he’s just never going to be someone who gets on base at a respectable clip. 

45 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I’m sure he’ll heat up but he’s dug himself a big hole again. It’s primarily because he swings at everything. His chase rate and BB rate are embarrassingly poor. I guess he’s just never going to be someone who gets on base at a respectable clip. 

Lots of blue circles on Mountcastle’s Baseball Savant page.  Not good news for a first baseman.

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Lineup for 1:00 PM game on Thursday 04/28 in the Bronx. Mountcastle scratched from the lineup again and Odor is batting fifth. 😲

Good thing Elias didn’t sign any worthwhile  FA since they’d be blocking prospects. 

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

But the hitting is going to be good.

Keyword is GOING TO BE.  Not IS GOOD.  

In all seriousness I think by July if Rutschman, Stowers and Vavra are with the team, we have a chance to be average. 

3 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Keyword is GOING TO BE.  Not IS GOOD.  

In all seriousness I think by July if Rutschman, Stowers and Vavra are with the team, we have a chance to be average. 

I get what you are saying but chance to be average isn't exactly a whelming endorsement.