2022 Ongoing Lineup Thread

OsFanSinceThe80s

5 hours ago, eddie83 said:

If I’m being honest my biggest concern tonight is Gunnar at 2nd. Not sure why he doesn’t use Gunnar at 3rd, Urias at 2nd. 

Gunnar has the skill to play anywhere and Urias is real good at 3rd. That said Gunnar doesn’t have a lot of time at 2nd. 

I think he could probably pitch as well…

18 hours ago, Frobby said:

The more I watch baseball, the less I care what our lineup is on any particular day.   Seems like lots of times a lineup that looks weak on paper is the one that scores a bunch of runs when the regulars have been struggling.  

Look at it this way: we have lots of good pinch-hitting options tonight!

So how’d that work out?   Hyde had some pretty good arrows in his quiver when the right opportunity arose.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

So how’d that work out?   Hyde had some pretty good arrows in his quiver when the right opportunity arose.  

I think it’s a great idea to try to steal a rest day against a team like the As. Figuring at worst you stay close and can indeed pull from that quiver (just as it went down last night) and at best you win without them and they get the full game off. It’s smart when selectively done based on team/pitcher matchup. 

I think overall Hyde is passing the test thus far. 

10 minutes ago, SurhoffFTW said:

Lineup guess today 

Mullins cf

adley c

santander dh

urias 3b

henderson 2b

mountcastle 1b

Stowers lf

hayes rf

matteo ss

If Hayes and Stowers are both playing, I would assume Hayes in LF and Stowers in RF. Could also see Vavra at 2b and Henderson at 3b, or Vavra in LF if Hyde really wants to stack the lefties. 

Almost all Lefty/SH lineup

Mullins CF

Adley C

Santander 1b

Henderson 3b

Urias DH

Stowers RF

Vavra LF

Odor 2b

Matteo SS

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

As he should be today.

Henderson no days off yet.

Hyde clearly doesn’t love Stowers.

I don’t think that’s clear. It’s either Hays Stowers or Santander with Adley at DH. Hays was just off. Santander is leading HR hitter. So Stowers is odd man out today. Not shocking. 

I suppose you could add Mullins to that list too but he also was just off a game. 

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

As he should be today.

Henderson no days off yet.

Hyde clearly doesn’t love Stowers.

He wants Santander’s bat in the lineup. He has to play OF if Adley DH’s. He sat Mullins Friday and Hays Thursday. 

It’s funny how one player like Gunnar who is hot can improve the depth of the bench.