The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

Guest BrettMeister86

If our initial offer was 7/150 we are already willing to pay 21 million a year so I really feel like why not up the ante to 22,23 and tack on a year. We are so close to the end here and nobody is giving us a chance. I hope Pete realizes that this decision, whether to hold fast or up the offer, may determine the fate of this franchise.

Not because of one player but because it shows the lack of devotion to put a winning team on the field and respect the fans of the Orioles. If he doesn't jump in he may lose this city for good. If he goes all in and grabs the hometown boy the dividends will be huge, regardless of the salary.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's fair to say that if you continue to go to the games, purchase merchandise, etc. you are sending a message to Angelos that this is ok. Being a fan means caring about the organization; and in turn, caring that he hasn't cared for 12 years. If he was as concerned as he was when the Nationals camed to signing free agents, developing foreign scouting, getting a spring training complex, and putting smart people in charge, we might not be enduring our 12th losing season. If someone comes on here and says, "Oh well, who cares" about Teixeira, they aren't a real fan.

But he is trying to get him. He can't help Tex does't want his money. I care about Tex but also know he is one player who is not worth me leaving the O's for.

Schmuck made a good point.

With all of the reporters covering this story, nationwide and in the four cities in play, it would be quite shocking if this reporter is the one that breaks the story.

Maybe, but I thought if we signed him that Roch would be the one to break the story. Why not give it to the guy who covers the team on a daily basis and let the big outlets pick it up from him.

Maybe, but I thought if we signed him that Roch would be the one to break the story. Why not give it to the guy who covers the team on a daily basis and let the big outlets pick it up from him.

There is more than one story coming out of Boston...

Schmuck made a good point.

With all of the reporters covering this story, nationwide and in the four cities in play, it would be quite shocking if this reporter is the one that breaks the story.

Well, Schmuck's Captain Obvious. Someone HAS to break the story. Why can't it be this guy?!

My friend, I'm sorry, but I see no other reason why the team owner, CEO and GM would all fly out to TX.

We're dealing with a very competent management group. They know how to play the game and flying down to do this in person is how you make your best presentation and solidify your position. It likely will be their top offer. Great, let's get this over with.

A few things....ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD! Andy Macphail wasn't very interested in Tex anyway...he doesn't believe in that kind of stuff. Dealing HUGE contracts to players especially when you are not contending or looking at the playoffs this year. See what the Rays did? They are the AL Champs and did it without paying $20 M/year for a big free agent. They emphasized pitching and farm system development. Don't get me wrong, I want Tex!! It is not the end of the world however, we dont even really need a big bat right now. We only have 1 true starting pitcher which is easily the most important thing.

Second of all, why do the Red Sox even need Teixeira? They have Youkilis and Ortiz and Lowell. I think part of their desire is a "we can, so we will" amd a keep up with NY (signed Sabathia, Burnett) mentality. I don't know, its just that it never seemed to me that they even really needed him. The only thing that baffles me more than the Red Sox wanting him is the Nats going after him

Rant over.

GO ORIOLES!

Archived