Moves I’d like to see this weekend

connja

11 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Good to hear that some of the Warehouse is being used for good.  MASN could be run out of a 1 room apartment, the way it's run.

Their programming schedule is poker tournaments and baseball. It would make too much sense to partner with Fox Sports channel to get some real programming content, but that might eat into the profits margins on MASN for the Angelos family. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'd not heard that.  Guess we'll find out next week when we start egging the place.  

5 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Aren't the first 3 levels bullet proof glass or something for all the HRs that were expected to be launched off the warehouse during the Steroid era?  

I remember this from when OPACY opened in 1992. With the field essentially being below ground level it would take a mammoth home run to even hit the warehouse much less break any windows. 

460 feet from home, it's safe B&O; warehouse windows outfitted with special glass

The first home run to reach the B&O; warehouse will be historic, but probably not a housekeeping mess. The ballpark's planners have seen to that by outfitting several dozen windows in the old building with a special safety glass that won't splinter into shards when smacked by a ball headed toward Harborplace.

In all, 63 of 429 windows on the ballpark side of the warehouse have the shatter-resistant glass. That's enough to protect many Orioles employees whose offices look out over the right-field line and power alley. In addition, protective glass has been used on the street level of the warehouse, where the finishing touches are being put on a ballpark restaurant and bar.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

At this point I would be surprised to see AR or GR up before the arb date of 6/15ish. Definitely not GR. 

FWIW, to date 106 players have made their major league debut this year.   That compares to 92 players as of May 17 last year, even though last season started about a week earlier than this one.   That provides some indication that the Super 2 cutoff date that will be determined after the 2024 season is over could be a bit on the early side.  No guarantee of that, however.    

• Upvote 1

In a holding pattern at work, so I started projecting our offseason 40 man roster. I count 23 safe spots, 4 probables, 9 even odds, 7 chance, and 4 unlikely. I'm sure every one of us would come up with a different allocation for players in the organization, but I thought it might be interesting to share what it roughly looks like. The 40 will still have room, but it is getting more crowded year over year. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UMDTerrapins said:

In a holding pattern at work, so I started projecting our offseason 40 man roster. I count 23 safe spots, 4 probables, 9 even odds, 7 chance, and 4 unlikely. I'm sure every one of us would come up with a different allocation for players in the organization, but I thought it might be interesting to share what it roughly looks like. The 40 will still have room, but it is getting more crowded year over year. 

No question and on that OTV interview, Elias mentioned how trades are going to be needed because of 40 man issues, which is something I have been talking about for a while now.

Its going to be time, really soon, to start doing this or potentially losing a guy like Vespi will be the least of your worries.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No question and on that OTV interview, Elias mentioned how trades are going to be needed because of 40 man issues, which is something I have been talking about for a while now.

Its going to be time, really soon, to start doing this or potentially losing a guy like Vespi will be the least of your worries.

In case anyone is curious.....

Pretty Safe (23) - Grayson Rodriguez, DL Hall, John Means, Bruce Zimmerman, Kyle Bradish, Tyler Wells, Keegan Akin, Felix Bautista, Jorge Lopez, Cionel Perez, Drew Rom, Mike Baumann, Dillon Tate, Adley Rutschman, Ryan Mountcastle, Jorge Mateo, Ramon Urias, Joey Ortiz, Terrin Vavra, Cedric Mullins, Austin Hays, Anthony Santander, Kyle Stowers

Probable (4)  - Joey Krehbiel, Logan Gillaspie, Kyle Brnovich, Yusniel Diaz

Even odds (9) - Dean Kremer, Jordan Lyles, Nick Vespi, Marcos Diplan, Zac Lowther, Alex Wells, Jahmai Jones, Rylan Bannon, Ryan McKenna

Chance (6) - Travis Lakins, Beau Sulser, Spenser Watkins, Anthony Bemboom, Robinson Chirinos, Tyler Nevin

Unlikely (5) - Chris Ellis, Trey Mancini, Rougner Odor, Chris Owings, Denyi Reyes

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Pretty Safe (23) - Grayson Rodriguez, DL Hall, John Means, Bruce Zimmerman, Kyle Bradish, Tyler Wells, Keegan Akin, Felix Bautista, Jorge Lopez, Cionel Perez, Drew Rom, Mike Baumann, Dillon Tate, Adley Rutschman, Ryan Mountcastle, Jorge Mateo, Ramon Urias, Joey Ortiz, Terrin Vavra, Cedric Mullins, Austin Hays, Anthony Santander, Kyle Stowers

Even odds (9) - Dean Kremer, Jordan Lyles, Nick Vespi, Marcos Diplan, Zac Lowther, Alex Wells, Jahmai Jones, Rylan Bannon, Ryan McKenna

Chance (6) - Travis Lakins, Beau Sulser, Spenser Watkins, Anthony Bemboom, Robinson Chirinos, Tyler Nevin

Unlikely (5) - Chris Ellis, Trey Mancini, Rougner Odor, Chris Owings, Denyi Reyes

There’s still a lot of dead weight on there. Do we know who will need to be added next year?

13 minutes ago, waroriole said:

There’s still a lot of dead weight on there. Do we know who will need to be added next year?

I gotta double check my work later because I’m not in front of my computer and it occurs to me that Kevin Smith wasn’t even mentioned. Stowers, Rom, Ortiz, Brnovich become Rule V eligible. I also didn’t include Zach Peek, Robert Neustrom, and a few others who could be exposed. I’ll update later so it’s not so rough. 

41 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

What is the time period for this?

39 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Tons of dead space. 4 years in and this 40 man is not looking good. I don’t see why they would pay Means just to be hurt for a good portion of the year.