Adley is in the Show!

Sports Guy

55 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

I can't imagine having to play 5 games in 5 days as a 24 yo baseball player. And I mean its hot out, we should probably enclose all baseball fields so the players can always play in a controlled 70 degree 30% humidity environment.

Yea, not like the good ol' days when men were men and in 1922 there were five catchers in a 16-team league who caught as many as 125 games.

They should follow the Jody Davis model.  Debuted at 24, played 130+ games for four straight years, then completely spent at 30.  Carlton Fisk played forever.  You know how many times he caught 130 games in a season?  Four.  Bench had just four years starting 130+ games behind the plate. Rick Dempsey played 24 years in the majors, started over 113 games as a catcher just once.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Yes, a 38-year-old hitting .137 and who is last in the league in framing runs is probably the key to the franchise's success.

I have learned over the years that a good catcher is worth its weight in gold. He isn’t starting.  Just respectfully disagree here. 

3 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

The twitteridiots are again calling for Adley to go down and work on things. The other three top prospects all struggled at the beginning of the year.2 are still struggling somewhat now. Bemboom is the answer,to what I don't know. 

It takes a super idiot to say that. Things will change for him. Actually went after a first pitch fastball tonight. Crushed ball first at bat and had nice swing last one. 

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

It takes a super idiot to say that. Things will change for him. Actually went after a first pitch fastball tonight. Crushed ball first at bat and had nice swing last one. 

HIt the last ball well, right at somebody.  Yeah, it's not the O's have a competent catcher waiting to take his job back from Adley.  Adley is still hitting better than Biemboom despite being ice cold.

14 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

The twitteridiots are again calling for Adley to go down and work on things. The other three top prospects all struggled at the beginning of the year.2 are still struggling somewhat now. Bemboom is the answer,to what I don't know. 

The twitter idiots are basically this character from Major league 2.

major-league-randy.gif

• Haha 1

On 5/27/2022 at 9:25 AM, Sports Guy said:

I doubt it.  If anything, it’s perhaps still a little weak in that area and he is building it up.  He also may not be mentally over it and is holding back.

Usually, the hardest part about coming back from an injury is between the ears, not the injury itself.

I'm going to hope, or guess that anyone suggesting that he be sent down is just speaking out of frustration. I hate the term "casual fan", but even they know it takes time for a player to acclimate. 

I hope Adley gets the rest of the season as the starting catcher. His bat will come around and he's got a great eye. His defense has been shaky I think. Watching balls bounce off his glove over and over again reminds me of Gary Sanchez, and I know that's an over-reaction, it's just my personal opinion and not based on anything scientific. Hopefully, the  balls bouncing off of his glove and him throwing the ball into center field when players try to steal is just nerves. :)