Noah Denoyer 2022

Aristotelian

Just saw him yesterday and that's the best I've seen him.

He was 93-96 on the fastball with a lot of 94-95. His curveball was an out pitch for him at times. He'll roll it occasionally but he was getting good late break. His slider wasn't very good, but he did throw a good one a few times. He showed me a workable change. I'd like to see him work on it more because if he can throw that effectively to left-handers he starts looking like he can be a starter.

So right now he's got an average major league fastball, a curveball that flashes plus, and a slider and change that need work but he has a bot of a feel for them.

Basically he's got starter's potential. I'm not going to lie, his stuff plays a lot better than Drew Rom's who started. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LookinUp said:

Seems like a candidate for a driveline offseason to see if he can gain 4 mph and change his profile. Not saying that's at all likely to succeed, but it's what guys are doing nowadays.

Maybe he already did it.  lol

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Basically he's got starter's potential. I'm not going to lie, his stuff plays a lot better than Drew Rom's who started. 

Disappointing to hear about Rom.   He’s just back from some kind of injury, so hopefully his stuff sharpens up as he gets back into the flow.  

10 hours ago, RZNJ said:

If we want to nitpick it took 64 pitches to do that.  Not pitch efficient. 

Here is some video. Looks like he was relying on a lot of swing and miss out of the zone. May have difficult getting MLB hitters to chase like that. https://twitter.com/BSLOnTheVerge/status/1535956650544312321?s=20&t=NKBpEAj22kWfMy8UZRI91Q

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...