Lowther recalled, Sedlock optioned

MurphDogg

55 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It’s really a shame the little that we have gotten out of the group in AA+ that Elias inherited. Zimmerman, Akin, Lowther, Alex Wells. Kremer, and Baumann. Hopefully, there is still relief hope most of them. 

Zimmerman has been productive and Akin is headed in a very positive direction. Too early to say but Kremer has done OK so far this year. I don't think those are particularly bad results for a group of second tier (or lower?) prospects. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Yeah. Akin has been aces (though not as a starter), Zimmerman, past two starts notwithstanding, has looked like a decent starting pitcher, and Kremer and Baumann have a good chance to find a useful role. I don't think that's a bad outcome at all seeing as how none of them were really top prospects

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It’s really a shame the little that we have gotten out of the group in AA+ that Elias inherited. Zimmerman, Akin, Lowther, Alex Wells. Kremer, and Baumann. Hopefully, there is still relief hope most of them. 

It's a shame that people forget that more often than not these guys will never have a career as a ML player. I would imagine that the attrition rate is even higher on second and third tier guys 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Yeah. Akin has been aces (though not as a starter), Zimmerman, past two starts notwithstanding, has looked like a decent starting pitcher, and Kremer and Baumann have a good chance to find a useful role. I don't think that's a bad outcome at all seeing as how none of them were really top prospects

I'm getting close to writing off Baumann, not gonna lie. 

9 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I'm getting close to writing off Baumann, not gonna lie. 

Interesting. Why? I think he’s a reliever going forward, but I thought he would likely be that all along. I’m still not sure he’s healthy. 

Just now, Jammer7 said:

Interesting. Why? I think he’s a reliever going forward, but I thought he would likely be that all along. I’m still not sure he’s healthy. 

Shoulder injuries are really tough to come back from and he’s clearly not the same pitcher he was in 2019.

29 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It was..no idea why I was thinking shoulder.  

No worries. Baumann was getting raves at the alt site, and then the elbow. Came back late in 2021, clearly still not right. The velo looked good in the spring, but the command was not there. Still a potential two plus pitch guy in the back end of the pen for me, but not ready yet. 

Just now, UMDTerrapins said:

Theoretically, if you were going to call up Rodriguez to start Sunday, would you limit his pitches tonight since he'd be pitching on three days' rest? Meaning, if he goes 80+ pitches he's probably not a candidate for Sunday, right?

I would limit his pitches.

I would not have his first MLB start be on short rest.

9 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Theoretically, if you were going to call up Rodriguez to start Sunday, would you limit his pitches tonight since he'd be pitching on three days rest? Meaning, if he goes 80+ pitches he's probably not a candidate for Sunday, right?

They aren't going to start him on 3 days rest in his MLB debut.   Period.

So if he's going in Norfolk today, he's not pitching Sunday.

13 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Theoretically, if you were going to call up Rodriguez to start Sunday, would you limit his pitches tonight since he'd be pitching on three days rest? Meaning, if he goes 80+ pitches he's probably not a candidate for Sunday, right?

If he throws at all tonight....he isn't coming up to start on Sunday.  They are not slow walking him to the line and then throwing him out on 3 days rest.  At least I hope they would not. Theoretically....if this were playoffs....of course.