MASN announcer propaganda

Tony-OH

Ha ha, I’ve been hearing this stuff about how the vibe on this team is different for 20+ years now.  You know what gives me a good vibe?  Winning!

You’re dead on with the 2020 to 2022 comparison.  That’s not to say that this team might not be better, but they’ll have to prove it.   That 2020 team was running on fumes after 60 games.  This team isn’t quite there yet, but it certainly could go that way.  The pitching is fraying worse and worse by the day.   

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Good Lord, the amount of BS fluff that comes from the MASN people are crazy. Newman talks about how far the Orioles have come since 2020 (when she started to cover them). Rob Long loves to talk about the "fight" and "never quit attitude" of this team.

Facts:

Orioles records:

2020: 25-35 .417 Winning pct
2022: 22-31 .415 Winning pct

Grant it, we've seen how easy it is to convince people of lies, mistruths and pure and obvious propaganda by repeatedly telling them by the self licking ice cream cone of the main stream media, but it seems like MASN is using the same approach.

Elias is four years into this rebuild and his roster management includes starting guys like Bryan Baker and bringing up AAAA guys like Nevin, Bannon, Sedlock, Diplan and actually keeping a AAA-guy like Owings on the roster. He has no left-handed pinch hitter on the bench, and one long guy in the bullpen in which his manager of choice uses him and two other good relievers in a 9-2 game shortening his options tonight in which he had to stick with his starter Lyles and closer (Lopez) for too long.

How's this year going?

Our best starting pitcher had Tommy John Surgery. Our top prospect has struggled in his major league debut so far (he'll be fine but his slow start is not surprising as an Orioles fan) and our top pitching prospect strained his lat in what was probably his last start before making his major league debut.

Out of our top 5 prospects, one is injured, one can't command his stuff like he did prior to his injury, one is struggling in the majors, and one is hitting poorly in A+ as a 22-year old. Only Gunner Henderson has stayed healthy and really done well this year out of the top 10 prospects.

So no MASN, I'm not going to jump on your hype train. Do I see some young guys that we hope will be good, sure, but the team has a worse record than it did in 2020 and outside of Kyle Stowers, there is probably no help on the horizon this year or maybe early next year to help this team get to the level of competing.

But hey, the 40-man roster is bustling with AAAA guys 4 years into this rebuild.

Thank you Sir! I am attacked constantly for daring to criticize the great Elias. After Grod and Hall (who is further off) there is a black hole of SP prospects in the org (Baumer but still early there). What is the plan for the pipeline? Last 2 drafts,  no pitchers in first 4 rounds. 

Just take the bpa in the first round and stop being cute, it hasn’t worked out and the rebuild will be 5 more years at this rate. 

You may also want to do something other than sit on your hands during the off-season, and give Lyles 7 million (he has been surprisingly good but no doubt that was a crazy overpay the time). 

Oh and most of those 4a guys were “prospects” he acquired in trades. 

7 minutes ago, Pickles said:

The Grayson thing really hurts.  Both emotionally.  As well as practically.

The Grayson injury is the kick in the nuts after you've been punched in the gut and mouth continually as an Orioles fan. Is it only a delay, sure. But I'm tired of delays. I'm tired of prospects coming up and not performing. Where is a our rookie that comes out the gate like he belongs?

Where are our guys just cruising through the minors like they know they will be productive big leaguers. Henderson? Ok, who else? Stowers? Streaky as all heck but I do like his talent. Hall? Great talent, injury set him back especially command wise. Cowser?? Kjerstad?? lol Even Mayo who looked so amazing last year looks a bit lost in Aberdeen. 

Pitching? You want pitching prospects when Elias refuses to draft them? Good luck finding a guy to get excited about after Rajsich's picks.

Elias has had three top 5 #1 picks and has Rutschman, Kjerstad and Cowser to show for it to go along with historically bad losing across baseball since he took over. 

How deep is the system? I have a one pitch reliever #15 right now (not including the FCL and DSL guys).

But hey, this team has fight and has come so far!! lol

Where’s @wildcardto spread his positive pixie dust?

@Tony-OHi see where you’re coming from and I agree with a lot of it: rookie coming up and acting like he belongs, G-Rods lat strain, the overall record, some roster decisions, Cowser (looking like a bad pick more and more each day) Kjerstad (bad luck) etc.

I wouldn’t want to be accused of main stream media propaganda but you’re ignoring the turnaround of guys like Akin, Tate and Lopez. Sure the record for this team and the 2020 team is the same but this team has a different feeling about it.  They just took 3/5 from Boston IN BOSTON.  Would you be creating this thread if they went 2 for 3 against the Mariners?

But getting back to the propaganda thing, what else would you expect from MASN?  That’s what any RSN would do. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Where is a our rookie that comes out the gate like he belongs?

Meanwhile TB cranks out stud arms like it's nothing. Find it hilarious that no matter how many "can't miss" guys fail, people always attach the same hope to the next wave. I mean, your competition is drafting and developing guys too and most are better at development (until we see otherwise). So are you even really gaining ground?

I remember when Jim Hunter used to say after a two game winning streak that this could turn the Oriole season around. They were like 30 games under .500 by then.

Mike Bordick would say the Orioles coaches were the hardest working in basebsll every year  They would change each year but the new ones were also the hardest working . I don't have MASN but have heard Ben McDonald is also starting to put that out there on occasion. 

The team should get better over the next few years Tough to get worse and have some prospects  But again prospects are prospects. 

Not making excuses for Elias.

What is his budget, he is allowed to spend?

Obviously, its not a real roster ready to compete. 

You can draft, and you can pick up castoffs other teams didnt want.

Thats not how one builds a contending team, which is the BS, they keep giving us.

Can’t remember how many times this year I have seen cliches like “that’s a game they don’t win last year”.  It might be the dumbest cliche ever in sports because teams win “games like that” every damn year.  Big comebacks, pitching duels, etc…it always happens.

People keep saying how exciting this team is.  Is it?  There are no SP you get amped to watch except maybe Bradish .  Most of the players on the team you only get excited about because they are Orioles.  It’s not that the player is some overly exciting guy and can carry a franchise. 

But hey, when the goal is to lose and you choose (yes this is a choice by ownership) to not spend and to not out a good product on the field, this is what you get.  I was the crazy one for thinking they should be trying to win in 2022 and that money should be spent.  I guess I’m just impatient.  Oh well.

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Can’t remember how many times this year I have seen cliches like “that’s a game they don’t win last year”.  It might be the dumbest cliche ever in sports because teams win “games like that” every damn year.  Big comebacks, pitching duels, etc…it always happens.

People keep saying how exciting this team is.  Is it?  There are no SP you get amped to watch except maybe Bradish .  Most of the players on the team you only get excited about because they are Orioles.  It’s not that the player is some overly exciting guy and can carry a franchise. 

But hey, when the goal is to lose and you choose (yes this is a choice by ownership) to not spend and to not out a good product on the field, this is what you get.  I was the crazy one for thinking they should be trying to win in 2022 and that money should be spent.  I guess I’m just impatient.  Oh well.

It's looking more and more as if 2023 won't be a year in which they will be expected to compete.  They won't have Means for part of the year and with how Elias operates even if Grayson comes back quickly from injury he's going to be working with an innings cap next season.

But hey, what team doesn't need six years to get back to 500?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's looking more and more as if 2023 won't be a year in which they will be expected to compete.  They won't have Means for part of the year and with how Elias operates even if Grayson comes back quickly from injury he's going to be working with an innings cap next season.

Whats funny is that we will hear from people that the GRod injury was unforeseen and unfair and bad luck. 

The cluelessness of people and their gullibility during this “rebuild” is astounding to me.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Whats funny is that we will hear from people that the GRod injury was unforeseen and unfair and bad luck. 

The cluelessness of people and their gullibility during this “rebuild” is astounding to me.

What I love are the folks that are so indoctrinated that they were happy about the timing of the injury.  Well at least he's still in the minors! 

Yea, I'd hate for him to already be a major league player with all the benefits that conveys before getting hurt.  They'd be terrible.

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Tigers,Royals and suprising the Angels.

Rob Long was saying this morning that the Oriole players are so close and he took a picture and the players were on the top step of the dugout, cheering for each other.He has never seen a closer knit group of Orioles.

I wonder if they sit around the campfire after the game and toast marshmallows and sing Kumbaya. All well and good but how many players will be different next year than this year?  Will all the new players be as close? 

• Haha 2