Zimmerman

WI O’s Fan

5 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Every player can become a success in the majors if they spend enough time in the minors first.

Raw ability isn't important, it's putting in the time.

Every player can become a success in majors if they spend enough time in the minors first?  Then lets send every player on the roster down to the minors,   bring then back next year, and win it all at that time.  

4 minutes ago, Oriole1940 said:

Every player can become a success in majors if they spend enough time in the minors first?  Then lets send every player on the roster down to the minors,   bring then back next year, and win it all at that time.  

He was being snarky, not serious.  Surprisingly.  

Here's how Fangraphs Depth Charts are guessing Rest of Season with Rodriguez now at zero.

https://www.fangraphs.com/projections.aspx?pos=all&stats=pit&type=rfangraphsdc&team=2&lg=all&players=0&sort=4,d

Behind main four, Starts forecast 10 for Hall, 10 for Lowther, 8 for Kremer, 6 for Watkins, 6 for Akin.   I don't agree with them about Akin getting any starts as don't expect Success to be messed with.

I saw Shelby Miller took an opt-out after pitching well at AAA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Here's how Fangraphs Depth Charts are guessing Rest of Season with Rodriguez now at zero.

https://www.fangraphs.com/projections.aspx?pos=all&stats=pit&type=rfangraphsdc&team=2&lg=all&players=0&sort=4,d

Behind main four, Starts forecast 10 for Hall, 10 for Lowther, 8 for Kremer, 6 for Watkins, 6 for Akin.   I don't agree with them about Akin getting any starts as don't expect Success to be messed with.

I saw Shelby Miller took an opt-out after pitching well at AAA.

I think Harvey is going to get quite a few starts.  Don't expect much.  When is his suspension up?  I'm thinking end of June. 10 sounds really high for Hall.  Yes, for another franchise, he would be an obvious promotion.  I would be surprised to see him before September.  I hope we see more of Kremer and Watkins than Lowther.

4 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I think Harvey is going to get quite a few starts.  Don't expect much.  When is his suspension up?  I'm thinking end of June. 10 sounds really high for Hall.  Yes, for another franchise, he would be an obvious promotion.  I would be surprised to see him before September.  I hope we see more of Kremer and Watkins than Lowther.

He’s retro to April 29th. By my calculations the 60th game since 4/29 would be July 1st. I’d assume he will need to build up from there and might be able to go 5 by the last week of July. He’s probably no longer necessary if Kremer has any level of success and G Rod is ready to come up by then. Unless Wells innings expire.

17 minutes ago, Pushmonkey said:

He needs to go to AA to figure this out. He’s pitching batting practice right now. 

It's been ugly for about three weeks now it seems.  The fact is, we're asking too much of him.  He's not a ML starter.  If we had enough options, you'd give him a chance in an Akin-type role.  The way it is: It's his turn in the barrel.  

14 minutes ago, Pickles said:

It's been ugly for about three weeks now it seems.  The fact is, we're asking too much of him.  He's not a ML starter.  If we had enough options, you'd give him a chance in an Akin-type role.  The way it is: It's his turn in the barrel.  

When Zimmermann pitched well in April, I was holding out hope it would last the season. Deep down I knew this was likely, but without much in the way of viable replacements Zimmermann will keep starting for now. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pickles said:

I think he can be a ML starter but not a great one.  A 4.75-5.25 ERA type guy.  I’m not sure the stuff plays up enough in the pen.