Dean Kremer 2022

Spy Fox

On 8/17/2022 at 9:12 AM, Frobby said:

Kremer is a paradigm example of why you don’t give up on prospects if they have some early failures.  Not all of them recover from a choppy beginning, but some do.  

He's also a very good example of how well the developmental staff is with taking good arms and finding the right repertoire for them.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

He's also a very good example of how well the developmental staff is with taking good arms and finding the right repertoire for them.

Yep, but he also has a curve that he hasn’t really had since AA.  I wonder how he rediscovered it or reinvented it.

6 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Didn’t miss bats, didn’t get Ks and even his str% wasn’t great and the Stros still struggled.  That’s a surprise.

Jim Palmer praised him and pointed out that he can pitch to contact and he has the stuff to strike out guys when he needs to.

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Jim Palmer praised him and pointed out that he can pitch to contact and he has the stuff to strike out guys when he needs to.

Like Palmer himself, when he had the best infield ever and Paul Blair behind him.

Was great to see him go 7 2/3, that’s always positive.  But to me it looked like he got a bit lucky.  He got behind a ton of batters, there was not a lot of swing and miss, and there were a bunch of balls just barely missed that went as deep fly outs.  It’s baseball, sometimes you’re on your game and you get unlucky, sometimes you play decent and the other team makes you like like an all star.  He battled and never gave in and that was my biggest take away from his performance last night.  Solid game and something to build on for sure.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Was great to see him go 7 2/3, that’s always positive.  But to me it looked like he got a bit lucky.  He got behind a ton of batters, there was not a lot of swing and miss, and there were a bunch of balls just barely missed that went as deep fly outs.  It’s baseball, sometimes you’re on your game and you get unlucky, sometimes you play decent and the other team makes you like like an all star.  He battled and never gave in and that was my biggest take away from his performance last night.  Solid game and something to build on for sure.  

Funny, I don’t remember one catch on the warning track.  Maybe I missed some of those deep outs?

Inning 1 - Altuve flies out to deep center (3-1 count hit to warning track)

Inning 2 - Bregman lines out to deep center (3-2 count, should have walked on the 3-1 count, not hit to warning track)

Inning 2 - Tucker lines out to deep center (3-2 count just shy of warning track)

Inning 3 - Hensley flies out to deep right center (0-1 count just shy of warning track)

Those balls were all just missed.  1/4 of an inch on the bat and those go as HR.   

Edited by emmett16

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Yeah, I don’t believe this is a viable strategy. It worked for Palmer, that’s true. But Kremer ain’t Palmer and this ain’t the 70s. 

You mean to tell me that Kremer would rather not strike guys out and leave things to chance? No way. 

13 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Inning 1 - Altuve flys out to deep center 

Inning 2 - Bregman lines out to deep center 

Inning 2 - Tucker lines out to deep center 

Inning 3 - Hensley flies out to deep right center 

1/4 of an inch on the bat and those go as HR.   

Yeah, and if your aunt has balls she’d be your,…well you know. The spin rate, movement, location all effect the outcome. You have to acknowledge the advancements made by the statistics and the ability of player development. There is a lot to be said for pitching to the big part of the part.