Angelos Family Fued

Going Underground

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

I wonder if questions about this feud will be raised in the post game conference?  Probably not.  If something like this happened in New York or Boston there would be a feeding frenzy.

It would be hilarious if MASN had a postgame call-in show and every fan tomorrow night called asking about the Angelos family lawsuit. 

• Upvote 1

It seems to me this could be as fresh to Roch as it is to us.

If he's on this roadtrip as he has been other ones with two radio guys and an engineer, he's probably watching the game for doing his normal job, and doing postgame interviews with Hyder or anyone else appropriate for the postgame show.

There's nothing for Roch or any Oriole player or coach I feel they need to tell me tonight.

3 minutes ago, Bmorebirds24 said:

This is pretty concerning to me. I hate this entire Angelo’s family. I wish they would just sell so we don’t have to hear from them anymore. It’s things like this that makes me not want to put a penny in their pockets. 

Welcome to the club (though I would not use the word "hate" myself). No official count of members, but I think there are a lot of us. Looks like a membership drive is getting underway.

16 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I wonder if questions about this feud will be raised in the post game conference?  Probably not.  If something like this happened in New York or Boston there would be a feeding frenzy.

This is more like a few cars passing by a McDonald's drive-thru whose drivers aren't willing (or permitted by their employers) to wait in line.

37 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Here is a link to the court docket: https://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/casesearch/inquiryDetail.jis?caseId=C03CV22002262&loc=55&detailLoc=ODYCIVIL

Looks like a copy of the complaint isn’t available on the docket yet.  But, from the document list already there, it appears that copies of the Angelos family trust documents were filed on the docket as exhibits to the complaint.  So all that is going to be public.   I’ll look again tomorrow to see if the documents are available online.  It often takes a day or so in other jurisdictions I’m familiar with.  

Frobby: does it sound like the case has a chance to be successful? If the three of them have equal votes then it seems like there’s no real wrong doing. 

They aren't going to sell the team until Peter Angelos passes.  The difference in taxes is too substantial.  I am a CPA.  That could happen tomorrow or he may live for several more years.  Maybe his passing is eminent which may be motivating this legal action.  That is just my speculation.  Certainly if they are cash poor that would probably force a sale to pay the inheritance taxes when he does pass.   

11 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Frobby: does it sound like the case has a chance to be successful? If the three of them have equal votes then it seems like there’s no real wrong doing. 

I will tell you what I think after I can read the full court papers.  I can’t really evaluate it based on selective quotes in a newspaper article.