Angelos Family Fued

Going Underground

The purpose of this lawsuit is simple. Peter Angelos created a trust for the express purpose of ensuring that his sons would share equally in decision-making and inheritance of all family assets, including the Orioles. John Angelos, however, has been working secretly to undermine his father’s intentions and to gain unilateral control. Lou Angelos is compelled to bring this action to set things right,” according to a statement from his attorneys Jeffrey Nusinov and Paul Raschke.

An attorney for John could not immediately be reached for comment Thursday.

2 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

Wjhat would be the point of putting that in a lawsuit, directed at a family member. 

This wasn't a quote to a newspaper for effect. 

I view it as a credible threat and a small peak into the mind of a person who has absolutely no allegiance to this city, only to the business that is the Baltimore Orioles. 

You don’t sue your brother and mother if there isn’t bad blood. 

In any city especially this one bringing that up creates a ton of attention. 

I want to be clear here. We don’t know the whole story. This is basically a family squabble. 

This is also Lou’s version of the truth. Keep that in mind. To be clear I am not trying to absolve John of anything. This is his version. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

You don’t sue your brother and mother if there isn’t bad blood. 

In any city especially this one bringing that up creates a ton of attention. 

I want to be clear here. We don’t know the whole story. This is basically a family squabble. 

This is also Lou’s version of the truth. Keep that in mind. To be clear I am not trying to absolve John of anything. This is his version. 

Yup and Justin and Tim tried to get John's side and no comment. Probably expect that.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jabba72 said:

Im pretty discouraged to read that Angelos wife had a sale lined up and John nixed it to then do nothing with the team. Thats like a gut punch.

I would encourage patience right now. 

This is a massive story. Just getting started. People need to wait to hear everything. 

This is a colossal mess. Not saying that. 

So Mom wanted to sell, and Lou blocked it and then LIED to her about having another buyer, trying to sell.....now is attempting to seize control of the team. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree that is for sure. 

It sounds like John wants to move to Nashville, and Mom and the others don't. Probably had a more local buyer on the line before he killed that deal. And now Lou is doing everything he can to get his way. Hence the lawsuit. 

Buckle up this is just the beginning. If you think that guy won't move this team if he has his way, you are mistaken IMO. Just look at the scant evidence we have so far, and that cryptic tweet by Fenton that more is coming.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

So Mom wanted to sell, and Lou blocked it and then LIED to her about having another buyer, trying to sell.....now is attempting to seize control of the team. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree that is for sure. 

It sounds like John wants to move to Nashville, and Mom and the others don't. Probably had a more local buyer on the line before he killed that deal. And now Lou is doing everything he can to get his way. Hence the lawsuit. 

Buckle up this is just the beginning. If you think that guy won't move this team if he has his way, you are mistaken IMO. Just look at the scant evidence we have so far, and that cryptic tweet by Fenton that more is coming.

John was the one who blocked it and misled his Mother, not Lou. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I would encourage patience right now. 

This is a massive story. Just getting started. People need to wait to hear everything. 

This is a colossal mess. Not saying that. 

Agreed. Don't get the Brady stuff.But I told someone on here about Vildalin and he couldn't wait to get back to the Heat.

The suit claims John “met unilaterally” with former Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti while then-general manager Dan Duquette was still with the team. He then “unilaterally” hired a chief operating officer for business operations, John Vidalin, who left after eight months because John Angelos refused to cede responsibilities. He also cut the pay of Anderson, the former center fielder, in half before terminating him, the suit says.