Wednesday, June 15: Zimmerman tries to right the ship as Orioles continue series in Toronto

SteveA

He's competing with what he has.   Its this year's equivalent of Jorge Lopez yielding an astronomical OPS on Batter Faced 19 and beyond.    Except that his toolkit doesn't scale down.

103 pitchers at 50 IP today...Zimm 102nd in HR/9 yielded (Hunter Greene 103rd perhaps least mystery what MLB Bats are going to see of all-time), 87th in K/9, and a recklessly brave 10th in BB/9 fueling my theory Orioles pitchers are being guided to bum-rush the strikezone trying to complete 1450 IP with as few of their mostly tame pitches as possible.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SteveA said:

Ben is off doing college baseball.   Scott and Melanie are doing radio from Camden Yards.   Arnold, Hollander, and Kubatko are in Toronto.

So Brown and Palmer are the question marks.   Palmer is up there in years and I'm sure gets a certain amount of time off.   Brown's absence could very possibly be what you mention, though no one has said anything and I am making no claims.

Brown is doing college softball playoffs I believe.