Os could cost Vegas a lot of money

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Maybe I missed something in the article but Vegas could still come out ahead depending on how much they took on from all the loser bets on the Yankees. 

Same thought here. Most important number to provide in this article would be what is the volume of bets on the other 29 teams and how does that compare?

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Maybe I missed something in the article but Vegas could still come out ahead depending on how much they took on from all the loser bets on the Yankees. 

You didn't miss anything.  Vegas just doesn't like to lose big on anything.  It means that they didn't set the spreads properly.  And they grossly missed on the O's.  Of course, most of the world did too.

I don't have much constructive to add except I put $250 on the Orioles at +340 against the Rangers when it was 5-2 after that 3-run home run.  It was the game where Adley hit the tying double on the last strike.  Sweating that amazing game out and taking home $1,100 was too much fun.

It's also fun to see the betting public get behind the Orioles to a certain degree.

1 minute ago, Barnaby Graves said:

I don't have much constructive to add except I put $250 on the Orioles at +340 against the Rangers when it was 5-2 after that 3-run home run.  It was the game where Adley hit the tying double on the last strike.  Sweating that amazing game out and taking home $1,100 was too much fun.

It's also fun to see the betting public get behind the Orioles to a certain degree.

As an Orioles fan, you're contractually obligated to put your winnings toward their bonus pool.