Monday August 1: Orioles visit Texas

SteveA

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Still haven't seen anything like the time Bo Jackson ran up the wall at Memorial Stadium. I was arguing with my brother about something when this play happened and we both immediately got quiet staring at the television in disbelief. And not believing what we just saw. 

cmqk9hwwif7o3jbnz4ht

He was the best pure athlete that I have ever seen live. 

Just now, Fiver6565 said:

Truly stunning how awful Melanie is at this. I thought you guys were exaggerating but wooh boy you definitely were not. 

I'm willing to give her a chance to grow. There are signs that she can be good, but she needs to stop trying to be sensational/memorable. Just be natural. 

Wow, Watkins 74 pitches to complete five shutout innings. Obviously see if he can give us six innings.

if the O's can make Watkins, Kremer, Wells, and everyone in the pen such good pitchers, I'm optimistic they'll do even better with the prospects they picked up today in the Mancini trade.

3 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

I'm willing to give her a chance to grow. There are signs that she can be good, but she needs to stop trying to be sensational/memorable. Just be natural. 

Meh I don’t know. Half the time she acts like she’s interviewing the analyst while a ballgame happens to be going on.   It’s just poor overall. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

This conversation between Palmer and Newman on Bo Jackson.

Bo was crazy good. We went to a game at Memorial stadium, had LF bleacher seats. We were giving Bo the business all night. He hit a HR over the bleachers onto the back hill. He came back out to LF and we were totally silent in awe. 

I've never seen a player like Bo since. 

I was a student at Georgia Tech when Auburn came to town in 1985. Bo warmed up right in front of me, not 15 feet away from my seats in the 2nd row of the student section. I was in awe, seriously. Best athlete I have ever seen in person in my life. I also saw him crush a ball out of the GT baseball stadium that left the entire stands in stunned silence. 

10 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Still haven't seen anything like the time Bo Jackson ran up the wall at Memorial Stadium. I was arguing with my brother about something when this play happened and we both immediately got quiet staring at the television in disbelief. And not believing what we just saw. 

cmqk9hwwif7o3jbnz4ht

I see this and I think, "Spiderman". 

• Upvote 1