A lot of Elias notes/quotes

interloper

14 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

We're past the Odors of the world.  At least in the field (other than maybe a back-up C).  No way they bring in a scab.  

Agreed.  We're right there offensively/defensively.  He has to be talking about the rotation.  No other real weak spots that can't be addressed in house (with the usual rookie caveats).

"From now and this point forward" is read "The 'rebuild' is done!"

Fine, he usually is right in line with what he is saying. But, I want to see a MLB contract signed by the Orioles for real money. It’s Angelos group that I don’t trust. A rotation pitcher to lead is one way but I’m not convinced that they will only seek a MLB pitcher or two. It should be fun to watch.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

How can you say we are past the Odors of the world when they just acquired Brett Phillips?

Push a few buttons and the words spill out of the screen.  Just like everyone else with a bellybutton.  

To reframe:  If we sign a Brett Phillips type player to get Odor-like starts in the field this off season, then I'll be disappointed.  Odor was signed because they needed someone to get the bulk of the playing time at 2B.  In fact, we had quite the list of potential 2B and 3B candidates heading into this year.  I really don't think we're grabbing a few players in that tier to see who pans out the best.  We have guys on the cusp.  We may sign a Chirinos-type place holder if we're gaming the clock for a guy or three, but I doubt it. 

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Fine, he usually is right in line with what he is saying. But, I want to see a MLB contract signed by the Orioles for real money. It’s Angelos group that I don’t trust. A rotation pitcher to lead is one way but I’m not convinced that they will only seek a MLB pitcher or two. It should be fun to watch.

Agreed.  The family situation has me concerned too.  We need two good starters. 

1 hour ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

If Elias isn't just blowing smoke about us signing meaningful free agents this offseason, I'd love to get Syndergaard to help solidify the rotation.

"Thorioles" has a nice ring to it 😋

My team in MLB the show is one step ahead of you. Syndergaard looks great at the top of the rotation with Grayson and Means. 

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I hate **** like this.  Because come November, you just know there's going to be people on here saying WelL bAcK iN AuGuSt eLiaS SaId He wAs GoInG tO SpEnD MoNeY!!!!!

Shhhh!!!!  ;)

PAGE VIEWS are good! :D

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

If you think Hall is in anyway lacking in confidence you're mistaken.

He's fine.

That’s obviously your opinion and not fact. I’ve seen evidence that he’s cocky, but he’s also said things that suggests he is defensive and he has made excuses when talking to reporters. Cocky is often an attempt to mask insecurities.  I would be a lot more confident in him and I suspect he would too if he didn’t have an ERA flirting with 5 in AAA. He may not be fine. 

42 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think Elias was smart to go to Texas and I agree with everything he did and said there.   I think he means everything he said, and was smart to say them now.

I don’t always understand or agree with every little move the Orioles make, but I have a lot of faith that under Elias they think out everything they do and have reasons.  And, I’m very happy with how Elias has executed his plan over the last four years.   If you had told me the day Elias was hired that in 2022 we’d have a .500ish team fighting for a wild card spot , have arguably the top farm system in baseball, a revamped Latin America program and have the payroll flexibility we now have for the future, I would have signed for it in blood.   Now I just want to see all that human and financial capital intelligently deployed to give us a team capable of competing for a World Series title on a regular basis without having to go into rebuild mode every half-decade or so.   And I believe we’re going to be there.   

If they can hold on to Elias they may someday get there. Who knows what his plans are.

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Stowers is the kind of prospect that Elias wants to make sure is ready from day one to compete well at the major league level. I wish I had the minor league statcast numbers then I could tell you a bit more on what they are still looking for, but it appears they are going to use those left over Mancini at bats for Vavra for now. 

I really, really wish they would give Vavra some PAs at second base because Odor is the only regular now that needs to be replaced. That would open up those PAs for Stowers.

This is just smart.  He isn't on the 40 man roster.  You need to make sure that he is ready if you are going to add him especially if you have other outfielders on your 40.

1 hour ago, RarityFlaherty said:

My team in MLB the show is one step ahead of you. Syndergaard looks great at the top of the rotation with Grayson and Means. 

DeGrom would look better.  He is 35.  Seems to be similar to Verlander's situation.  Only issue is that Cohen probably doesn't let him leave the Mets.  

54 minutes ago, baltfan said:

DeGrom would look better.  He is 35.  Seems to be similar to Verlander's situation.  Only issue is that Cohen probably doesn't let him leave the Mets.  

I didn’t think Degrom was a free agent after this year.  Syndergaard seems like one of the best options that will definitely be available this off-season. Plus, that long blonde hair will look good in orange and black. 

2 minutes ago, RarityFlaherty said:

I didn’t think Degrom was a free agent after this year.  Syndergaard seems like one of the best options that will definitely be available this off-season. Plus, that long blonde hair will look good in orange and black. 

He can opt out and says he will