Sunday August 28: Justin Verlander stands between Orioles and another sweep at Minute Maid Park

SteveA

1 minute ago, Spakman said:

Baker shouldn’t Be allowed to throw breaking balls.

Palmer is pissed.  "All that time discussing what to throw and you pick your worst pitch, that cutter? You read the batter. You just threw that cutter for a double then you throw it again for this run-scoring single." Paraphrased. 

He was really not happy. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Gurgi said:

So we kind of deserve this loss after blowing many many chances early in the game.   And we looked awful on the bases.   So we have no one to blame but ourselves. 

We're not out of this one yet.  Though I will say I like our chances an order of magnitude less than if we were playing against any other bullpen in the league. 

9 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Oh to have Jorge Lopez again.

7 minutes ago, Emory Eagle said:

That Lopez trade really is looming large these days... seemed like the right move at the time, at least to me, but man...

The Jorge Lopez who’s got a 1.5 Whip so far in Minnesota?

I think we sold high on him. Doesn’t change the fact that Baker has been bad lately. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

This game is going to be the one that really just could have pushed us over.. Get Verlander out, sweep in Houston.. could be another 10 game streak .. now we will go to Cleveland deflated.. in large part due to the maniacal insistence of Hyde playing Odor  

Edited by tntoriole
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Spakman said:

As I said before Brandon Hyde has had the best job in major league baseball for the last four years.  No chance of getting fired no criticism because he had no chance to win. You walk the bases loaded so you can get a double play.

He’s not a great situational manager. He’s the benefactor of a number of guys getting better at the same time. In a tie game, Baker is not the guy I bring in.

Just now, tntoriole said:

This game is going to be the one that really just could have pushed us over.. Get Verlander out, sweep in Houston.. could be another 10 gane streak .. now we will go to Cleveland deflated.. in large part due yo the maniacal insistence of Hyde playing Odor  

But we had both Mullins and Mateo kind of go all insane on the bath paths and throw away all our chances. 

Just now, Il BuonO said:

He’s not a great situational manager. He’s the benefactor of a number of guys getting better at the same time. In a tie game, Baker is not the guy I bring in.

I have no idea why he didn’t walk the bases loaded. We haven’t scored one run.  Who cares about the threat of giving up a third run there.