Who comes up Sept 1st (or 2nd)?

seak05

Orioles get two players when rosters expand, I know everyone is focused/hoping for Gunnar...but guess your two. 

I think it will be Bruce Zimmerman (with Hall struggling) and Henderson. And it will happen on Friday rather then Thursday 

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

Orioles get two players when rosters expand, I know everyone is focused/hoping for Gunnar...but guess your two. 

I think it will be Bruce Zimmerman (with Hall struggling) and Henderson. And it will happen on Friday rather then Thursday 

Apparently they have to be added to the roster Thursday.   The rule says you "must" have 28 players on the roster as of September 1.

Of course that doesn't mean they will fly the guys to Cleveland for one game.   They might not physically join the team until Friday in Baltimore.

But they'll be added to the roster and we will know who they are on September 1.

As to who it is:   I know a lot of teams will bring up a 3rd catcher, but we already have one no-hit C on the team, can't believe we'd bring up a 2nd.

You are allowed to bring up a 29th guy for doubleheaders for one day, so we don't have to bring up whoever our 6th starter is going to be next Monday, as player 27 or 28.

I hate to say it, but the pitcher could be someone unexciting, like activating Lakins off the IL.   I think he is close.

I hope the hitter is Gunnar.

33 minutes ago, SteveA said:

As to who it is:   I know a lot of teams will bring up a 3rd catcher, but we already have one no-hit C on the team, can't believe we'd bring up a 2nd.

You are allowed to bring up a 29th guy for doubleheaders for one day, so we don't have to bring up whoever our 6th starter is going to be next Monday, as player 27 or 28.

I hate to say it, but the pitcher could be someone unexciting, like activating Lakins off the IL.   I think he is close.

Considering how important that doubleheader against the Jays will be, I certainly hope it won't be Lakins.

With Hall and Gunnar getting added to the Taxi squad it likely their the two. Personally I'm hoping both are added before the deadline tomorrow and Westburg and Zimmer get the call for when when rosters expand on the 1st. Our lineup would look so much better with Gunnar at 3rd and Westburg at 2nd.

Westburg should be added to this roster in September.  The days of this team rostering AAAA players should be over, Nevin needs to be sent down.  We need to start seeing what we have in guys like Westbrook now because Ortiz and Norby are knocking on the door.

Edited by RVAOsFan

13 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

Westbrook should be added to this roster in September.  The days of this team rostering AAAA players should be over, Nevin needs to be sent down.  We need to start seeing what we have in guys like Westbrook now because Ortiz and Norby are knocking on the door.

Westburg. 🙂

13 hours ago, SteveA said:

I think a third C makes sense, even if it's a defensive guy. Then we could pinch hit for Chirinos without losing the DH.