Tuesday, September 6: Bradish takes the mound in a must win game vs Toronto

SteveA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Interesting rub with Bubic is that he’s actually another extreme splits lefty who is much tougher on RHH over both career and 2024.  Zerpa is really their only traditional matchup lefty, although they might consider using Daniel Lynch in such a rike. He’s murdered LHHs in his small 2024 MLB sample, though his track record for platoon destruction isn’t quite as impressive. 
    • Yes, I think there's a good likelihood that's being considered, especially since Hyde keeps saying that they won't announce the game 2 starter until they see what happens today.
    • To me It almost feels like todays game is an elimination game even though I know it’s not. So I’m pretty nervous about it. I just think the team needs to get another monkey off their back and if they don’t in game 1, they could be in trouble in game 2. Especially if the loss involves them getting completely shut down on offense.    Also the gsmr 1 winner has won the series nearly every time so far in the short history of these three-gamers. 
    • That might have to do more with the fact that Verlander had a 9.26 ERA in 5 September starts. And it's not like he was any good prior to him getting hurt. Not dinging you on the 11 pitcher choice, but more Verlander being left off of it. Personally, I like the 12 pitchers the O's are going with. Especially since Suarez isn't on the roster due to pitching so deep this weekend. This O's bullpen is not great. They are...solid, but nobody great aside from maybe Coulombe. Hyde is going to have to piece this together as he has a bunch of arms that are so context dependent. For example, Perez has been awful lately. A 9.00 ERA in September. Cano has been rocky. Dominguez is wild and homer happy. Soto can lose his command at the drop of a hat. Coulombe and Webb are coming off of injuries and have looked good, though. Selby has thrown *4 innings* for the O's. Akin is terrible in high leverage situations or with runners on. Povich hasn't pitched in relief for the O's. This bullpen has their warts/unknowns. It'd be much better if they had an elite 1-2 punch like Felix and Cano last year. They don't have that. They have a very good arm in Coulombe and a bunch of average or slightly above average arms. 
    • 4:00 time frame is my favorite time for a game for some reason..worked out perfect for my schedule too. 
    • I get that but that still doesn't change the fact that they are a better team with him available. To burn him in a game that doesn't matter seems shortsighted. There is no ALDS unless they win the WCS. 
  • Popular Contributors