Potential trade for Corbin Burnes or Brandon Woodruff

OriolesMagic83

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That doesn't mean they think his speaking out is appropriate. 

Well i thought I would speak out my own admittedly harsh opinion about him doing it.  He is quite representative to me of the entitled 20 something pro athletes.  Going to go see what Brewer fans are thinking. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I haven't seen anyone suggesting this is a good look for him.

I’ll say it. I don’t think it’s a bad look for him at all. I know people hate the truth and honesty but I don’t. He was asked a question and is clearly hurt by what they said. 

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’ll say it. I don’t think it’s a bad look for him at all. I know people hate the truth and honesty but I don’t. He was asked a question and is clearly hurt by what they said. 

I think he's not acting like an adult and yea, it's a bad look.

You lost, suck it up and drive on.

You don't want to play nice, hit them with the old no comment.

Keep pitching well and in two years you can sign where you want for what you want.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Keep pitching well and in two years you can sign where you want for what you want.

Correct, plus he’s already making a smidgen more than a veteran like Kyle Gibson.

30 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Telling the truth and standing up for yourself is acting like an adult.

Being honest is acting like an adult.

Could he have said nothing?  Sure. Does he need to? No. 

Absolutely not a bad look and now he has made the org look bad and he also is fighting for his teammates and letting them know what the organization really thinks.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I tend to agree with this.  I also find it funny though when players say it’s a business when it comes to asking for money, but take it personal when the team treats the arbitration like a business.  I can’t say that’s for sure the case here.   Maybe Burnes has indicated a willingness to take a discount with the team or has done so in some way and has a reason to expect the team to treat him a bit more like a family member. But the above does apply to plenty of players who are just looking for the most money, which is fine, just don’t get upset in that instance when the team treats you like an employee and not a family member.