BA/Meoli’s projected 2026 lineup and rotation

Frobby

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

It does not although I didn't say they told him what to write.   I suggested that the rankings might be them and the writeups might be his.   I really don't know the ins and outs of BA and how they put their lists together.   I do know that when you see a BA top 100 list that it aligns perfectly with all of the top tens for each team.    When the BA top 100 comes out in whenever, I guarantee you that Cowser will be ahead of Hall just like on this list.   Maybe the BA team reporters factor more into the rankings than I previously thought.    I guess I could email the editor and maybe get a clearer picture but I probably won't.   lol

On a related note, did BA do its top 20 lists for the various leagues yet?  If do, how did our prospects rank on those lists?  I know from previous discussion that those lists do not necessarily line up with the top 100 list.

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

On a related note, did BA do its top 20 lists for the various leagues yet?  If do, how did our prospects rank on those lists?  I know from previous discussion that those lists do not necessarily line up with the top 100 list.

Ha!  I actually did email them on that and the editor responded quickly and told me that the top 20 lists were only going to be done for the complex leagues (which they were in early September).   The reasoning is partly because of the extended minor league seasons and then just overlapping with their other lists.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

"Stowers' power is imperative to his future, because he can be a fringe-average center fielder but is better suited for a corner outfield spot, where he can potentially be solid-average with a plus arm and above-average speed.

The Future: Stowers' power potential and all the drawbacks that come with it make him a high-ceiling proposition, but his progress makes it possible he becomes a first-division regular."

Scouting Grades: Hitting: 40. Power: 65. Speed: 55. Fielding: 50. Arm: 60.

Hey, scouting at the end of the day is all about subjectiveness in some of these areas, but whoever wrote this about him being a fringe average center fielder with 55 speed definitely never heard of baseball savant. lol

10 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Hey, scouting at the end of the day is all about subjectiveness in some of these areas, but whoever wrote this about him being a fringe average center fielder with 55 speed definitely never heard of baseball savant. lol

Hey!   That's why I posted that section!   LOL

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Cowser in CF may be the most interesting. If he could stick there that definitely helps the case to trade Mullins. Maybe he is "projected" there just due to lack of a better alternative? 

My sense is he’s probably a bit rangier than Hays in CF, though not quite as strong an arm as Hays.  I think he’d be adequate defensively, but a noticeable step down from Mullins.   

32 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Hey!   That's why I posted that section!   LOL

Hey, it's good discussion stuff I guess. My only issue is that BA carries some weight with people even if their scouting guys are mostly gone from the staff. So that means more work for me to counter some of the silly stuff, especially when people link to that when they want to counteract what I said about a player.

But then again, that's more page views, so why not? :D

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Were folks saying this type of thing about Machado after his first season of 200 ABs?

They probably should have been, even without the benefit of hindsight.  His talent was pretty obvious from the minute he set foot on the field.   

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Hell of a coincidence that his list will line up perfectly with BA's top 100.   Every player you see in his top ten will be in the same exact order when BA comes out with their top 100.

Looks like Meoli is next week's guest on On the Verge.   Perhaps he'll give some explanation of his role vs. the BA staff when it comes to the list.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

My sense is he’s probably a bit rangier than Hays in CF, though not quite as strong an arm as Hays.  I think he’d be adequate defensively, but a noticeable step down from Mullins.   

I think people take Mullin's D for granted.  He makes some unbelievable plays look really easy.   When he is no longer around in CF I think people will start to realize how good he has been for us the last few years. 

On 11/22/2022 at 11:30 AM, RZNJ said:

Interesting that with Maverick Handley in the system, they listed Silas Ardoin as the top defensive catcher in the system.   Seems like a dis on Handley or maybe he was overlooked or maybe Ardoin is really that good.

Honestly, I’d completely forgotten that Ardoin existed.