Eovaldi vs Bassitt

Sports Guy

8 minutes ago, Camden Yards said:

Walker got four years and is 30 years old with 898 innings pitched.

Eovaldi will be 33 with 1257 innings pitched.

Bassitt will be 34 with only 737 innings pitched. His arm is fresher and I believe he will age well.

Would Bassitt turn down a 4yr 80 million dollar from us? Maybe 23,22,18, and 17 million as the payouts. He has been productive wherever he has pitched. He has a 46-34 career record while Eovaldi is 67-68 while playing with Yanks and Red Sox.

No he won’t turn that down unless he doesn’t want to be here. That seems like it will easily be his best offer.  

The Mets don’t want to give the 4th year because of age. He may have less wear and tear but age is age and it does matter.

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No he won’t turn that down unless he doesn’t want to be here. That seems like it will easily be his best offer.  

The Mets don’t want to give the 4th year because of age. He may have less wear and tear but age is age and it does matter.

I know the mets have unlimited money, but they're out as I see it.  With Verlander/Scherzer/Senga/Carasco/Quintana, there's no need for Bassitt. 

I think Dodgers/Twins/Jays/Giants are our competition for Rodon/Bassitt/Eovaldi.

8 minutes ago, MarCakes21 said:

I know the mets have unlimited money, but they're out as I see it.  With Verlander/Scherzer/Senga/Carasco/Quintana, there's no need for Bassitt. 

I think Dodgers/Twins/Jays/Giants are our competition for Rodon/Bassitt/Eovaldi.

Yea, they are out because they signed other guys because even they weren’t willing to go 4 years on him.

18 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Very similar body type to Charlie Morton who was successful at ages 34,35,36,&37. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/mortoch02.shtml

On 11/25/2022 at 9:54 AM, foxfield said:

To improve the rotation the Orioles are going to have to take a risk. That risk will include money, prospects or both. 

There simply isn’t an option that is a guaranteed upgrade. Pitchers have tremendous risk. Hopefully the budget allows for this and the Orioles can simply Chase talent. 

I have no idea where they land. But for me it’s hard to believe that getting at least one pitcher with much more talent than Lyles isn’t possible. Of course any of the names above can break. That’s simply part of the risk. Get the best you can afford and there has rarely been a better time to make this leap. 

I think you left out one scenario. Trading from their major league roster. For example, I suggested seeing if the Marlins would be interested in swap centered around Santander and Trev. Rogers.  I'd rather see us gamble on being able to replace someone like Santander's numbers than weaken the top half of our prospect pool by trading one. 

Just now, Yardball85 said:

Lot of money, but that's what it takes in this market.  Got him for 3 years.  What, exactly, are the Orioles waiting for? 

For only 3 years, I really, really don't understand why Elias couldn't have beaten that offer. There's no realistic target on the trade market that's better than Bassitt, and all he cost was money. I just don't get it.